Chapter 6

The next morning, Sofia was by her fiance's side. Hugo had his ankle wrapped up and on a cushion."I can't believeAmber and James," frowned Sofia. "They used to be so kind and caring when we were kids.""And now they've become hostile," sighed Hugo. "We never did anything likethis to Amber and Axel when they were getting married. Why are your brother and sister doing this to us?""I wish they had trusted you more," said Sofia. "I just can't believeIwas stupid enough to think they'd be happy for us."Amber and James listened to how sad their little sister and her fiance were, and they came in."Sofia, Hugo, can we talk to you?" asked James."Okay," said Hugo. Amber and James sadly came in."We're really, really sorry," said James."For what?" Sofia asked."We've been really selfish eversince you gotengaged," said Amber. "We were just afraid of losing you, Sofia. Things are going to be different in Enchancia without you.""Everything will be different for me and Enchancia when Hugo and Iget married," agreed Sofia."But now we know that a special event likethis is supposed to be about you, not us," said James. "We can't have you feeling so sad about this. You deserveto be happy.""We're both really sorryfor what we did," said Amber. "If you and Hugo are happy, then so are we."Sofia and Hugo smiled at each other."Okay," said Sofia."Thank you," added Hugo."But until your wedding day, we're both going to make it up to both of you," said James. "I'm going to be bonding with Hugo while he's resting his ankle.""And I'm going to help you, Sofia, with a beautiful new wedding dress," said Amber."Thanks," said Sofia and Hugo together.James and Hugo read books together, and Amber helped Sofia with her new wedding dress. Everyday for a few months, James and Amber bonded with Hugo."It feels so good to see my brother and sister get along with you, Hugo," said Sofia."I'm so happy we're getting along, sweetheart," added Hugo.  "It looks likeour special day is going to be betterthan we imagined it would be."

"Don't think we're done making it up to you," said Amber. "There's going to be a special surprise waiting for both of you after wedding rehearsal tomorrow."

Sofia and Hugo were flattered that James and Amber were still making it up to them.

The next evening after wedding rehearsal, Sofia and Hugo were looking forward to the big day tomorrow.

"I'm so looking forward to the wedding tomorrow," said Sofia.

"Me too," said Hugo. "I can totally imagine my blushing bride coming down the aisle."

"Sofia, Hugo, the evening isn't over yet," said Amber. "We still have that surprise for you." She and James took Sofia and Hugo inside Albuquerque Palace and to the entrance of the ballroom.

"Are you ready?" James asked.

Sofia and Hugo both nodded.

"Close your eyes," said Amber.

Sofia and Hugo both closed their eyes, and Amber and James carefully guided them into the ballroom, which was veryquiet.

"Okay, you can look now," said James.

When Sofia and Hugo opened their eyes, there were so many people, who shouted, "Surprise!"

Sofia and Hugo were surprised.

"What's all this?" asked Sofia.

"It's a bachelor-bachelorette banquet for both of you," said James.

"You combined both our banquets into a big one?" Hugo asked.

"Yes, that way we can both bond with you the night before your wedding," said Amber.

Sofia was really happy to see her big brother and sister get along with her fiance, and Axel was happy to see his wife get along with his little brother. Sofia and Hugo were really looking forward to the wedding.