𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕

[Once again I have changed the Protagonist's name from Juliet to Lara, Sorry again but after a while away, I realised I really didn't like the name and felt it didn't fit the character!]

JAMES WAS PULLED AWAY
from the only two he had left, stripped of his soul, after losing his only love, the person he vowed his life away to. "Don't make me kill you, Potter" Bellatrix snapped, pulling the boy along by the chains which claimed his skin, entrapping himself within the sorrows of his shattered mind. "Do it, I beg of you, you have taken everything from me!" James screamed, pulling hard enough at the chains to send Bellatrix falling backwards onto the ground.

"You fool!" She shouted above his words, raising her wand and placing it against his neck.

"Obliviate!"

A little shutter of recognition clicked across the blue of tenderness, beclouded words, which almost appeared a dream within James' mind. Sirius Black, his spell casting only the most marvellous of beings against his cousin's mind, leading to her downfall as he held out his hand, towards his best friend.

"Don't tell me you've finally lost your words Potter, after all this time, I actually have you gob-smacked" The boy grinned, his hair falling in front of his face, with hues of relief smothering the glassed eye'd boy's features. "I watched you die"

His words only laced the boy's lips, widening at his shocked expression. "You didn't seriously think I would go out that easy, did you?"

"You are a stubborn bastard" James smirked, allowing his best friend's hand to pull him up to his feet, watching intently as the chains were stripped away from his blooded skin. "We need to get out of here, Ariyah is waiting for us-"

"And Lily?" James asked, almost not daring to hear the answer, for the pain would be too much to bear, but from the look on Sirius' face, the drop of his eyes and quiver of his lips told him everything he needed to know.

"No James, just Ariyah, I'm sorry"

James took a gulp, trying to water down his scorched dry throat, from the emotions he forced back, but the tears were unbearable to withhold against his dulling heart. "We need to go and get Elora and Regulus, Tom has them-"

"No, we can't, do you understand James, they will kill us, but I know Tom wont kill them"

"How can you be so sure?" James protested, following Sirius further and further into the woods, before looking back once more, to catch the glimpse of Elora and Regulus, being stripped away from Hogwarts, with their hearts lying in their chests. "Trust me, okay?"

And so James did.

"James" Ariyah whispered beneath her tongue, picking up her speed before locking her arms around the boy's neck and holding him close. "I still don't understand, we all watched you die, both of you" James spoke, looking between the two, completely beyond belief.

"Love conquers all" Sirius spoke quietly from behind one of the trees, lighting his cigarette as he pointed it towards the whomping willow. Ariyah caught on to the harsh intake of Sirius' words, and the effect it left on James. Love does conquer all, but in his case, sometimes the darkness sinks until love is no battle.

"Come on, we need to get there before they find us" Ariyah spoke up, attempting to calm his nerves but the thought of Remus being the last one in there, entering there every full moon, only brought a mournful clatter of absure visions amongst them all.

"We don't have much time, come on" Sirius demanded, the three running at the best of their ability towards the tree, expecting the tree to protest their entry, but for the first time since the beginning of Hogwarts, the willow tree allowed their entry, as though it knew.