Chapter 32

A few weeks after
Madelyns pov
I was currently a little over 7 and a half months pregnant and me and Chase were currently on our honeymoon. We decided to come to Mexico for just a week. We just 6 days ago so tonight was our last night and it's like a dream. We were moving back to Los Angeles next week and I was pretty nervous, not gonna lie. My parents are also moving to Los Angeles and keeping their Charleston home so they can just come back whenever. I really didn't wanna drag Ellie away from Cooper and Lilah and Kiki.

"Good morning, my love" Chase says and walks over, giving me a kiss. "Good morning" I say. "How are you doing today?" He asks. "Not too bad, I'm so glad the morning sickness is over" I say laughing slightly. "Yeah, I hated seeing you like that" he says and joins me on the hotel bed. "I have special plans for today but not until later" he says and I smile, surprised.

We lay just talking and cuddling for a little while. "Have you thought about any baby names?" I ask him. "I have but I'm not sure, what about you?" he asks. "I like a few" I say. "Tell me them, Mads" he says, nodding to let me carry on. "I like Adelaide. It's unique and she could be baby Addy" I begin to say. "Wow, I never thought of that name. I love it though" he says. "I like Amelia, Mila as a nickname" He says. "That's was another one of my top choices" I say laughing. "Great minds think alike" He says, high fiving me. "What about Lydia? Or Zoe is cute. Oh wait, I love Laila" I say. "I really like Adelaide or Amelia. The nicknames are cute" he says and I agree. They were my top two names. I particularly liked Adelaide since it was so unique. Addy Stokes is cute. I also like Amelia. "Why is choosing names so hard, it was easy with Milo" I say with frustration. "We have some time, we have a month until our little baby girl is here" Chase says and rests his hands on the bump.

"I'm glad Ellie has had this week to spend at the Pate's, she's gonna struggle without them all the time" I say sighing. "Chase, do you think moving back to LA is a good idea?" I ask, doubting our decisions. "Why wouldn't it be babe?" He asks. "Well Ellie knows Charleston as home, it's where she does her track, has her friends. We could easily buy a house. That means we won't have to try keeping the baby away from crowds. I dunno, just overthinking" I say, annoyed at myself. "Ellie will be fine, I hope. We both know that the Pate's will visit frequently and all the cast are moving back to LA, we will have them" He confirms, comforting me.

We lie in the hotel bed a little, after we made sure everything was packed for out flight tomorrow home. "Oh fuck" I say as I get sharp, stabbing pains in my abdomen. "You alright over there Mads?" Chase says, worried when he sees me sitting down again. "I'm having like cramps, I don't know" I say taking deep breathes. "You don't think they're contractions, do you?" He asks. I was only 7 and a half months. "Surely not yet, right?" I ask, my anxiety increasing. I couldn't have our child in Mexico, away from our family.

I phone my Mom, wondering if she could help me know what they are. She explains to me they are Braxton hicks, a false contraction that some women have, which made me ease. "Thank you Mom, I love you. See you tomorrow" I say and end the call. "Panic over" Chase says, laughing. "For the next month" I add on. "Have the stopped?" He asks and I nod, they stopped a couple of minutes ago. "Fuck, I'm scared for the actually birth" I say, I never really thought too much about it.

"Come here, sit next to me. Let's talk" Chase says, patting the bed next to him. I go and sit, facing him. "Tell me, what're you scared of?" He asks. "I don't even know. Everything" I say. He grabs a hold of my hands and gently strokes it with his thumb. "You know, I'll be right by your side the entire time. I'll hold your hand, give you kisses and help in any way I can" he tells me. "I know but like it's a big ass baby. I'm not built for that" I say, laughing. He laughs with me. "Your body is, you don't realise it but you are. You know, I was with my Mom when Ellie was born" He tells me. "Oh really, I never knew that" I tell him. "I was traumatised. I was just a teenager boy but now that it's my wife, I know how it'll be fine" he tells me. I just laugh imaging him having to witness that.