Chapter 17

Chases pov
I woke up around 9am, which was early for me on our day off. I looked towards Maddie's side of the bed but she wasn't there. I furrow my eyebrows and get out to look for her. I first check the bathroom, where she was. She was asleep on the bathroom floor, with no pillows or blankets and just her head resting against the bath tub. It looked as though she had been sick through the night. As much as I don't want to wake her, I don't want to leave her here. As I get closer, I notice sick down her (or mine I should say) T-shirt. Why didn't she wake me?

"Mads? Baby wake up" I say, sitting down next to her. She wakes up and looks confused but then nods her head, "I'm sorry" she says. "What for?" I ask her. "I was sick through the night but I didn't want to wake you. I must've fell asleep" she says, smiling. She was trying to read my expressions, incase I was mad she didn't wake me up. Sure, I would prefer it if she did but I'm not mad at her. "Mads, I'm not mad at you, I promise. Why didn't you though?" I ask, curiously. She sighs, "because if I did, you would of saw me be sick. I thought that you wouldn't let me go to Ellie and Kikis race tonight. I don't want to miss their first race" she says and looks at the floor.

"Look at me, babe" I say and lift her chin up with my finger so she's looking at me. "If you're not well, you stay behind but I know the medication makes you sick like the doctor told us. If you're feeling well and you truly feel okay, of course you can come. Just promise me you're okay" I tell her and she smiles. "I am, I promise. I don't feel sick anymore" she tells me and I nod. "I want to give you a cuddle but you have sick all down your shirt" I say, laughing. She looks down and laughs when she notices. She takes it off, leaving her in her sports bra. "Now?" She asks me, laughing and I open my arms and she immediately comes closer to me.

I kiss her head, "I love you a lot" I tell her. "Do you wanna go back to bed or start our day now?" I ask her, I know I wasn't sleepy but she might've been. "I'm not tired, could you pleaseeeee make pancakes?" She asks me, they were her favourite. "Of course, come on then" I say and help her up. She heads into my closet and picks out another one of my T-shirt's, I just laugh and shake my head. She basically lives in my hoodies and T-shirt's along with my sweatpants.

"What're you doing?" I ask as she follows me into the kitchen area, usually she will sit and watch Netflix or something whilst I make us breakfast. "I missed you, that's all" she tells me and hugs me from behind. "I've been with you, this whole time?" I say laughing. "I know. I don't know, I just feel clingy. I'm sorry, I'll go over there and watch tv" she says but I pull her hand back. "Nope, i never said I didn't like it, I love it. Stay" I tell her and she smiles and does. She helps me cut fruit up for the pancakes, "be careful, babe. Don't take it too hard on yourself" I say, remembering what the doctor ordered. "I know, don't worry" she says giggling.

Whilst making the pancakes, we see Kiki come out of Ellie's room. Maddie walks over to her and gives her a hug, she was like a younger sister to Mads too ever since she's been on set since season one. "How'd you sleep?" She asks Kiki. "Good. Ellie is still knocked out" she says laughing. "Yep, that's my sister. She can sleep for years" I say causing laughter between the girls. "Chase is making pancakes, they'll be ready in 15 minutes, do you want some? We made spare for you two" Mads asks and Kiki nods and says, "Oooh, yes please. Thank you so much" she says and goes on her phone, "My dad text me at 7am and just said he put my running clothes outside the door, on the way to set" she says confused. I open the apartment door and see a bag with Kiki's clothes in it, "Appears he did" I say laughing and handing her the bag.

As I walk back towards the kitchen area, my sister walks out her bedroom still half asleep. "Nice hair, E" I say, joking. She just rubs her eyes and looks at me. She gives me a gentle slap on my arm, obviously too tired to be dealing with my jokes. "I'm joking, don't worry. Come here" I say and hug her. "There's my baby, now I have both my babies awake" Maddie says referring to the two teenage girls. This makes Ellie smile so she leaves me and heads to Mads. I pretend to act hurt and upset that she ditched me for Madelyn but Mads just flips me off. "Rude! No pancakes for you" I say laughing. "No! I'm sorry, please?" She says. "Fine, only because you were sick" I say smirking but see Ellie look up to Mads. "You were sick, again?" She asks. "Yeah, I'm not unwell. It's just the medication but it stops today, thankfully" she tells Ellie who looks relieved.