Chapter 1

Ellie's pov
Hi, I'm Ellie Stokes. My older brother is Chase Stokes, who is in the Netflix series outer banks. I am only 13 so there is quite a big age gap. I get along so well with my brother. Our mom died when I was only 5, so we grew up just us and our dad. Our dad was great when all 3 of us lived together in Maryland. However, as soon as Chase moved to Charleston he became abusive, I've never told anyone. Not even Chase.

Chase left to go film season one in May 2019 but after he finished, he moved to LA with his cast mates. Me and Dad went out once to visit them all and he was so nice to me but as soon as we got home in Maryland, it all started again. It's currently September 2020, Chase is back at Charleston and it's his first week of filming the second season.

I FaceTime Chase as much as I can, probably every other day. He lives with his girlfriend, Madelyn Cline who is also in the show. She's so nice. I've only met her once but I've talked to her loads when I was FaceTiming Chase.

Recently, the abuse has gotten so much worse. I've stopped going to school because I can't cover up the bruises that easily and I don't want them to get suspicious. I was debating whether to tell Chase about it but I had my doubts. What if he ignored me? What if he didn't believe me? What could he even do? I was sat on my bed stressing out about it all.

My dad was out at the minute, probably getting wasted somewhere before he comes home and beats the shit out of me. I see my phone light up and Chase is FaceTiming me. I put on a fake smile and answer it.

"Heyy Els" he says. That's his nickname for me and I called him Chasey, C or just Chase. "Hi Chase" I smile back to him on my phone. "What you up too?" He asks me. "Nothing much to be honest. Just sat in my room on my phone" I tell him, faking a laugh. "Where's Dad?" He asks, obviously wanting to speak to him. "He's not here, he went out a couple of hours ago" I tell him, hoping he doesn't question it any further.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Where's he gone and why has he left you alone, you're only 13" he asks suspiciously. "He always does and I don't know. He didn't tell me where he went" I say, trying to make it sound normal I guess. "Hiii babe" Madelyn says as she sits next to Chase and faces the phone to see me. I smile, I haven't met Madelyn loads of times but she's so nice to me.

"Hey Madelyn" I reply, hopefully Chase forgot about Dad. "Look Ellie, if you don't tell me where Dad is, I'm going to phone him and ask him" he says. "No! Don't!" I blurt out. Shit. I shouldn't have said that. He's going to be so suspicious. "What why? What's wrong?" He immediately responds. "Nothings wrong, okay!" I kinda shout back at him. "Ellie, if something is going on. You can tell us babe" Maddie says. Maybe I should just tell them. I take a deep breathe and just breakdown into tears, this wasn't what I expected to happen. I guess it's now or never.

"Ellie, calm down. It's okay. Just breathe for me" Chase says trying to help me calm down as much as he can over FaceTime. Once I stopped crying and being stupid I said, "I'm sorry for that" they both just smile gently at me and tell me it's okay. "Els, please tell us what's going on" Chase says. "I. Erm." I struggle to get my words out. "It's ok, take your time. We have all the time in the world" Maddie says.

"Dad abuses me" I say quickly to get it over with. I see my older brother and his girlfriend look at each other. "What how?" He asks. "Ever since you left, he punches me, kicks me and burns me sometimes. I don't go to school anymore because I can't cover the marks from it. In all honestly, I don't know where he is right now. I just know he will come back wasted and hurt me, like always. He does it when he isn't drunk as well. I don't know what to do anymore" I say crying.

I see Maddie with tears in her eyes. "Can you show us the bruises Els?" Chase asks, I nod my head. I lift my T-shirt up and reveal my stomach that is all black and blue full of bruises. Both Maddie and Chase gasp. "Ellie. I'm so sorry, I didn't know" he says. "It's fine. It's not your fault. I just don't think I can take it much longer" I say.

I hear the door open from downstairs and I hear my dad shouting, "Where are you, come here you little shit" I froze. "Ellie. Hide your phone, but so we can you when he comes in the room" Maddie says. I put my phone in the corner and go back to my bed, bracing myself for what's to come.

Chases pov
I was shocked, I never expected this. I muted my phone so Ellie can't hear us, well more my Dad. He can't know we are seeing this. "You okay?" Maddie says to me. "I just can't believe he would do this, not to Ellie" I tell her. "I don't even know her that well but it's breaking my heart seeing her like this" she tells me and tears fall down her cheeks.

"Come here, Mads" I say and she cuddles into my side. I kiss her head and we pay attention to the phone again. "Come here you little shit" I hear my dad shout at my sister. "Chase, screen record it. Then we have evidence" Maddie says and I do what she says. He slaps her right across the face, "Dad stop, please" Ellie begs. "You deserve this, you don't even deserve to be alive!" He screams at her and kicks her all over. He pushes her to the floor and kicks her for the next 10 minutes.

At this point, me and Maddie are both a wreck. I can't believe what I just witnessed. "I'm locking you in your room. No food until I come back" he tells my baby sister and kicks her one final time and locks her in her bedroom. She's too weak to even move. I unmute myself so she can hear us. "Ellie? Can you hear us?" I ask her and she nods slightly. "Can you move to get your phone?" I question her. She tries her hardest and eventually she stands up and gets her phone. Her face is all covered in blood and bruises. "I'm so sorry Ellie, don't worry. We are going to get you out of there" I tell her. "How?" She says, crying.

"We screen recorded it, we have evidence. We will sort it out, I promise" I tell her and she nods. "Are you tired?" Madelyn asks her and she nods. "Try get some sleep, but don't leave this FaceTime. We are going to stay on this until we can get you to us" I tell her. She nods, walks over to her bed and lays down. She props her phone up on her nightstand so we can still see her and she can see us. Within minutes, she's asleep. Once again, I mute us so she can't hear us and wake up.

"Mads, what are we going to do" I say breaking down. "Shh, come here babe" she says to me and embraces me in a hug, she wipes my tears with her thumb. "I have an idea." She says and I nod, for her to continue. "Why don't you tell your Dad that you've bought tickets for the two of them to visit you. Say you've bought tickets for 2 days time for 2 weeks. That way we can have Ellie with us for 2 weeks. Whilst he's here we can pretend we don't know but go see a lawyer or something, to get custody of Ellie. She can stay here with us." She tells me. I smile. "That's the best idea I've heard" I reply and immediately text me dad.

Me: Hey Dad, I've gotten plane tickets for you and Ellie to come visit us. You can stay here for 2 weeks, it's all arranged.
Dad: Wow, great son. When for?
Me: Two days time.
Dad: Great. Can't wait, me and Ellie have had a nice day today, we went out for food, she misses you. See you in two days.

I get up and just punch a wall and cry and let all my anger out. Madelyn immediately comes over and stops me. "Chase, don't" she says and holds me hands to stop me. She drags me over to our bed and just hugs me. "He lied! That stupid mother fucker lied" I say angry. "I know, I know. She's going to be fine, she'll be with us soon" she tells me. "I can't believe he would do that" I says. "Wait Mads, are you okay with Ellie living with us? She will have to live with me forever if I get custody because we have no other family, that means she'll be living with you too" i ask. "Of course, I don't mind. She seems amazing and it'll be like having a little sister around" she tells me. Maddie was an only child so she seemed to like the idea.

~
~
that's the first chapter, sorry it's not the best. they'll get better but I had to include this for the storyline.
anyways, hope y'all enjoyed ahah