A Launguage Class?

Me and Amy talked and caught up for hours and hours, until it got dark.

"What courses are you taking again?" Amy asked from her bed.

I smiled, "Uh drama and Creative writing," I told her pausing the series that we were binge-watching.

"What?!" She looked at me shook, "What about a language class?"

"A language class?" I questioned.

"Yes a language class. Y'know where you learn different langua-"

I cut her off, "I know what a language class is! I just don't think I want to take one."

"Oh come on!" Amy bugged, "What happened to being more open to the world and its choices?" 

I had made a promise just before I left to all my friends, promising to be more open.

"I'll take one if you do." Wait, she had been bugging me to take a language class even though she hadn't?!

I sighed, "Fine..." I told her slowly starting to regret my choices.

"YES! I mean, okay good, come on,"

She gestured me to sit on her bed and pulled out her laptop, signaling me to grab mine.

"Maybe Aria and everyone else can help you chose." She suggested, calling the group chat, most of them answering almost immediately.

After a quick catch-up we were finally onto the topic of languages, Amy scrolling through them all, "Uhh, how about French?"

I shook my head, I had learnt that in high school and it wasn't the greatest. "Maybe something else."

"Spanish!" She yelled once again. I looked her dead in the eye, did she really think that I wanted to take a language I already knew how to speak?

"You know she already speaks Spanish, right?" Lila suppressed a laugh.

"Alright, alright, maybe not, but I'm definitely signing up. Maybe I could catch up to you in it."

She scrolled down the launguage classes, asking me what I thought of each one.

"Polish, Portuguese, Italian," Amy continued on and on until she reached Russian.

I stopped her, "I'll take Russian," My mum used to speak Russian and I felt like it was calling to me somehow.

A huge grin tugged at her glossy lips, she grabbed my laptop and with a few swift moves of her hand, I was enrolled in Russian.

"I mean my mum knew Russian and my aunt had been trying to teach me; no harm in trying a class right?!" I explained.

Another voice, belonging to Aria,  agreed, "Yea."

"Okay, okay, anyway since we've found a language for me, how has your day been?" I asked, completely changing the subject, preventing myself from getting embarrassed.

Julie smiled, "Oxford has been amazing! Me and Brooklyn weren't roommates like you guys, but we spent the full day hanging out. It was awesome!"

"Yeah and York is quite good, it's just a bummer that we had to start today instead of Wednesday like you guys," Maddie frowned. "And you know me, Ty and Lila all hung out today."

Tyler nodded from behind Maddie, "We really miss you guys!" A quick 'aw' came from literally everyone in the call, then we all quickly agreed.

I hadn't thought that I would have missed them all this much, but it was nice to know the feeling was mutual.

"We miss all you guys too," Amy gave a quick pout, noticeably trying to hold back tears. I pulled her into a hug, as the feeling in the air got a bit miserable.

"We should plan a date where you guys visit New York. You guys should seriously come, it is absolutely amazing mate!" I smiled.

Me, Amy and the gang chatted for about an hour or two and then me and Amy found ourselves watching another series, before sleep quickly consumed us.