chapter 4

Elle's pov

It's thursday. 3 days since I came out to Alex. School has been boring, obviously. I was walking with Isabelle and Chelsea, who were in their own world while I was blanking out. I felt Isabelle's hand on my shoulder. "Hey Elle, you alive in there?" They flashed a supportive grin at me, and I felt comforted. "Yeah, just a little tired." As I turned my head back around I thought I saw Isabelle and Chelsea... holding hands? I did a double take and they let go of each other, I think they noticed me staring.

I smiled to myself. At least my 14 year old siblings love life is going better than mine.

Alex's pov

I pulled into the schools parking lot, and after 15 minutes of pure torture, I successfully got into a parking spot. When I got to the front of the school I saw Isabelle and Chelsea walking towards the doors... holding hands? I ignored the gesture and ran up to them to see if I could find Elle.

"ISABELLE" I yelled, I couldn't catch up to them, gay people walk so fast. Once I had their attention I walked up to them. The minute I got close enough to hear them they said "What the hell do you want?"  They have some serious walls around them- jeez. "Where's Elle?" "making out with the captain of the cheer team" Chelsea replied bluntly. There's someone for everyone I guess. I put my jealousy aside, and asked again. "Seriously where is she?" "ugh fine she's going to get you two some coffee" Isabelle replied, clearly more fed up with my presence at this point. "Okay thanks" I ran away before they could throw any more snarky remarks at me.

I thought back to what Chelsea said about Elle making out with the captain of the cheer team. I felt my blood boil. Why was I jealous? Okay maybe I'm bi- but I don't like my best friend. Even if I did Brad would kill us both if I decided to act on it.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, too heavy to be Elle's.

Speak of the devil.

Elle's pov

I was walking to campus from the coffee shop across the street when I saw Alex and Brad making out. If Alex weren't under Brad I would've thrown my coffee on him, but Alex was wearing a white tee I decided to spare her.

I approached the horrible heterosexual mess I was witnessing and cleared my throat. Brad looked up annoyed, but then but on his best fake jock smile when he saw me. Men are so gross.

"Hey Elle" he let Alex go and pulled me into an awkward side hug "Personal space, Chad" I said tugging him off me and passing Alex her latte. She laughed and said "Elle his name is Brad." "Hey Alex it's fine she must've forgotten." No I didn't, I remembered just fine. Well enough to get his name wrong on purpose every time I see him.

"Anyways, pretty ladies" some one shut this man up- "There's a party this Saturday, wanna come?" "Sure" Alex replied without hesitation. "I'll think about it, Isabelle and I usually binge American Horror Story on Saturdays." "Oh- well the party is freshman friendly so your sister and her little friend can join!" That made me lose it. "DAVE will you stop misgendering my sibling! They aren't a girl and they don't want to come to your shitty house party either!" I stormed away before Alex or Brad even replied, too furious to care if Alex followed.

She did.

"ELLE SLOW DOWN WHAT THE HECK." I had been in the girls bathroom for about two minutes before Alex caught up with me. "Hah you're so slow." "Ugh shut up, I'm sorry about my loser dumb jock boyfriend. I know how much Isabelle means to you and how pissed off you get when people hurt them." I looked up at Alex and smiled. "Oh no Elle, I've seen that face before... What's the plan."

I thought for a minute longer "You, me, Isabelle, & Chelsea are going to have a double date this Saturday" "Go on." "We're going to crash your boyfriends stupid party by arriving normally, then we're gonna change into some costumes. Who are we? The 4 most terrifying killers in slasher films." The minute I saw Alex's jaw drop, I knew she was just excited for this as I was.