Scorching Flames Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't know why he even called you that. You're not a twig, you've got some guns." Sapnap smirked, motioning to George's arms.

George smiled at Sapnap's comment but his expression shifted, "You don't have to protect me, Sapnap, I can take care of myself."

"You're welcome, Gogs." Sapnap smiled before he fell asleep again.

"CLEAR!"

"He's back. We need to get him into the OR now." An unfamiliar voice said.

Sapnap felt exhausted, he wanted to fall back asleep for a few more minutes so he kept his eyes closed, waiting for sleep to come. But suddenly he felt some kind of movement from all around him, where was he going?

He opened his eyes to be met with a white ceiling moving above him, every now and then some bright fluorescent lights blinded him as the ceiling continued to move along.

Sapnap was confused, how could the ceiling be moving?

He lifted his head to try and look around, but all he saw was blood on his stomach. Then he felt a gentle force push him back down along with muffled voices he couldn't focus on.

Whose blood was that? Was it George's? Dream's?

His eyes slowly shifted to his now empty hand, he remembered Dream's hand in his.

Sapnap started to feel restless, where were George and Dream? Were they okay?

Finally, the ceiling stopped moving but before Sapnap could look around at his surroundings, someone put some sort of mask over his mouth and nose.

Sapnap wanted to fight the sleepiness, he wanted to find his best friends, he had to make sure they were okay. Then his vision began to fog up and his eyes felt heavier and heavier.

Sapnap closed his eyes letting unconsciousness take him once again.

***

George blankly stared at the snacks through the vending machine glass. He read the snack brands one after the other in his mind.

His eyes landed on the Oreos. George remembered how Sapnap would stuff his mouth with Oreos in the middle of rambling about some random subject, and then proceed to talk with his mouth full. Bad would nag him about talking with his mouth full but Sapnap would ignore him, too focused on what he was talking about.

George looked over at the fruit gummies, smiling, remembering the road trip that he, Dream, and Sapnap went on before. The whole drive Sapnap was so fixated on the fact that a grape gummy wasn't purple, that it was orange while an orange gummy wasn't orange, that it was red, and how a strawberry gummy wasn't red, it was purple, and it went on and on.

George never would have thought he would miss Sapnap grossly talking with his mouth full with Oreos or hearing that whole annoying discovery Sapnap had about some stupid fruit gummies, until now, as he stood in front of a broken vending machine in the hospital waiting room.

Feeling a hand placed on his shoulder, George turned around to see it was Dream.

Dream's green eyes were still red and puffy from crying, yet he managed a gentle smile for George.

"Bad's here." Dream said.

George nodded and followed Dream back to the sitting area.

Dream and George have been waiting for Sapnap to get out of surgery for almost 2 hours now. The only information they got so far, was that Sapnap was successfully resuscitated a little after Dream and George left the room, after that he was rushed into the operating room, since then they haven't heard anything.