"This possibly cannot be good." I whisper, while the others nod.

"Thank you McGonagall. Yes, so the Ministry has decided that everyone above the age of seventeen, which makes you sixth years and above will be getting married by the end of the year. Hopefully pregnant by the first year of your marriage as well. This program is mandatory for everyone above the certain age limits, and if you wish not to participate, your wands will be confiscated and you shall no longer belong to the wizarding world. Not to mention, all your memories from this world will be obliviated if you decide to go against the rules. For the LGBTQ community, you will still participate, but it will be a little different."

I- what?!

Several gasps and mutters of curse words emit through the room.

"YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND!" A boy shouts from the Slytherin table—Blaise Zabini.

"You really expect us to get married and pregnant by the end of the year!?" Ginny screams, anger clearly plastered on her face.

"This is bloody rubbish" Me and Ron shout.

All around, there are many people shouting and throwing rude remarks to the Ministry.

What the fuck are they on?!

"El, would you like to help me plot murder for Kingsley?" Ginny asks, trying to be calm.

"Gladly" I smirk.

"This is not good!" Neville speaks from beside me.

"You okay Neville?" I whisper.

"They're putting a marriage law, I had finally gotten the courage and was planning to ask out Hannah Abott this weekend!" He says with worry.

Not knowing what to say, I sigh and lightly pat his shoulder, indicating that it will be okay.

"Silence!" We hear McGonagall's voice beam through the hall.

At that, everyone immediately goes silent.

"Now, this is not something that was easy for us to decide on, I can get that it would be hard for you to see that since many of you are scared of not being paired with your loved ones. I respect that, but there is manner we have here at Hogwarts and everyone needs to be behaving. To figure out your soulmate, I will be calling every lady's name and they will come up here as I place the sorting hat on them and the hat will call out their soulmate's name. And before you ask, there is no doubt, the name called out is completely accurate. There will be no compromises!"

Scared, we nod.

"Now, first Hannah Abott!"

I watch as she stands up from her seat nervously, fiddling with her robes as she goes to the front of the room and sits on the stool. McGonagall places the hat on her head.

I look around to see everyone's reactions when suddenly my eyes land on Malfoy— who's looking directly back at me. He glares at me while I smirk and turn my attention back to the front of the hall.

"NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM" The hat roars.

After seeing the blush creep onto Hannah's face, I turn to see Neville with a big smile on his red blushy face.

"Well it looks like there won't be a need to ask out since she's your soulmate" I smirk at the shy brunette.

"Thanks" He shyly responds.

Neville and Hannah get up and sit on the other empty table, where the sorted couples are supposed to be seated.

Hermione was next, she went up to the stool and the hat was placed on her head. Minutes later— nothing. Looking at her, she looked worried and I knew she had started mumbling random things because that's what she does when she's nervous.