A new Year's to remember!

1494 words! 

You might want to read Amber's high school troubles before this one, but Anyway. Enjoy! 

Maverick was in his room. It was dark but that's what it looked like every night at 11 pm.

Maverick made his way over to his bed and got under the covers and closed his eyes when he heard a voice from his window.

Random voice - Maverick? Pssst, Jones.

Maverick recognized the voice immediately and he stayed under the sheets and said.

Maverick - Not right now Amber.

Amber - Oh come on!

Maverick got out of bed to his window to see his GIRLFRIEND Amber.

Maverick- Amber it's too late!

Amber - Oh come on! It's New Year's Eve!

Maverick- New Years'?

Amber - Yeah? New Years.... Do you not know what New Years' is?

Maverick- I don't know anyone who celebrates that.

Amber - Well you know me. My family celebrates it every year. And it's a tradition from the kingdom of Coro- ..... I get it now. We don't live in Corona.

Maverick - ...Yep....

Amber - We should go watch the fireworks at midnight together!

Maverick- What?! No! My mom is ok with me staying up but she would kill me if she knew I was out that late!!!

Amber - Oh come on! She's always working or sleeping. She wouldn't even notice your gone.

Maverick - Why Would you say that?!

Amber - I'm sorry ok. But come on! Let's go celebrate together!

Maverick- No! My mom wouldn't like it.

Amber - Well my mom doesn't like me staying up past 3 am but I do it anyway. Come on!!!

Maverick- I'm sorry. I'm not coming.

Amber - rolls eyes Fine. I'll go to the mountains on my own.

Amber walks away from her window. Maverick thought about what she said and stuck his head out the window.

Maverick - Wait! The mountain range on your own!

Amber - Well I did ask someone to come but they declined my offer.

Amber said walking away when Maverick clenched his fists arguing with himself in his head when he opened the window all the way and grabbed his coat and stepped out with Amber.

Maverick - Wait! I'm coming with you. I'm not letting you go that far on your own.

Amber - Oh really! My knight in shining armor.

Maverick- Oh shut up you knew I would come. That's why you worded it that way.

Amber - yeah I did.

Amber took her boyfriend's hand. Amber and Maverick locked eyes.

Amber - COME ON!!!!!

Pulling on his hand she dragged him with her over the hills to the mountains.

💖

Amber still had high energy running while Maverick loved seeing her excited and happy, but they had been running for like 40 minutes! His legs were getting tired.