TRIP

Recap:

Panchali's POV :

"Yon won and our love got lost.. ", she said and I widened my eyes in shock at the words she uttered but she continued, "lost in a life of chaos and responsibilities but still intact in the deepest recesses of our hearts!", she said forcing herself to smile. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun's POV :

A week had passed by since our little confrontation but my fire-born was in no mood to relent. Her sidelong glances at me during the course of the day made me feel like the luckiest man in the world. There is beauty even in her anger. Madhav and I were discussing the strategies to expand our kingdom in order to perform a Rajsuya yagna. It struck me that I would have to leave soon to conquer other regions and that meant separation from Krishnaa.

"Ahem, ahem, is the Empress of Indraprastha still awake?" I asked in order to pacify Panchali's anger.

"What work do you have at this hour, Arjun?" she questioned with dripping annoyance. "All the children have just gone to bed. I wonder how your child is going to be? I am sure he'll turn out to be as naughty as his father!", she said while knitting her eyebrows.

I couldn't resist the temptation to pull her cheeks but she held my hand and her eyes turned watery. In the next moment, she hugged me, her head lying on my chest. I kissed her dense, gorgeous hair and slid my hands around her waist to hold her firmly. After a while, I cupped her face which had turned red due to her crying. Her big eyes were trying to communicate the mixture of emotions which she felt. "Why did you say that we should leave everything behind? Why couldn't you say it when you had garlanded me and someone else decided our fate? It is wrong to have such thoughts now, Arjun! I had buried such thoughts in the deepest recesses of my heart only for you to dig them up again! I am a mother of four other children now and such partiality towards one of my husbands makes me guilty!" she said but I could sense the apprehension in her voice.

"Partiality? Panchali, do you know why I was jealous? It's because I could see the amount of care and love you feel for the rest of your husbands. Yes, they happen to be my brothers too but your sense of duty for all of us is the same! You know all our likes and dislikes. You guide Maharaj Yudhistir in Rajsabha, you extend help to Bhrata Bheem whenever he is in the kitchen, you always patiently listen to Nakul and Sahadev and as for me, your Arjun, you always share the deepest secrets of your heart! So, where is the partiality? In fact, I feel totally helpless when I see all of them tending to you with equal care and attention. They respect and love you in the same way you respect and love them! I was the one who was away from you for years together and yes, I have other wives too but who can ever take your place? You rule my heart, soul, mind and body! Perhaps, these long confessions of mine should have been said before but I was angry at myself for letting happen whatever happened. I was just trying to protect you from feeling guilty like this because I know no matter what you and I share the most special connection!" I said and leaned forward to kiss my beautiful wife. Her cute protruding belly was making my heart explode with happiness. Her face had a sense of relief and I knew the battle in her heart had ceased. I leaned down to kiss her chest which led her to clutch my hair tightly. The next few hours passed by drowning in the pool of pleasure.

Next morning, Madhav and I decided to take our wives and children to the shores of Yamuna. Subhadra sat with Panchali in her palanquin to take care of her as she was pregnant. Once we reached, our soldiers built the tents and Panchali was already taking care of food preparations! Madhav, Subhadra and I were playing with the kids when Subhadra said, "Arya, look at how Jiji is glowing in her pregnancy but still supervising the cooks. You must ask her to rest instead of letting her work!