Chapter 77 - His First Response? "Well, that's... not good."

ابدأ من البداية

His body hurt and it felt like it was against him.

Race tried to pull his foot over so he could adjust how he was sitting, but it wouldn't budge. His eyebrows furrowed. He looked over at his foot.

It was tied to a pipe on the wall.

Race gritted his teeth. That was annoying.

Usually, he could untie knots pretty easily, but he wasn't sure his brain or body was working with him today.

Race looked back at Sling. He almost grinned when he saw he wasn't tied, and he didn't look to be too hurt.

Of course, he had some cuts and bruises on him (that was typical of getting kidnapped), but there were no major injuries.

Race smirked to himself. Clearly, the kidnappers thought Sling was weak and didn't care enough to do anything to him. "Sling," he whispered, trying to wake him up. "Sling. Sling. Sling. Sling, get your butt up."

After a few minutes, Sling's eyes slowly began to open. "Racer?" he croaked out, clearly exhausted and out of it.

"Yeah, it's me. Listen, you gotta wake up," Race urged him. "We've been kidnapped. We gotta get out."

"We've been what?" Sling questioned, still waking up.

The door opened. "Kidnapped."

Race cringed at the bright light that shined into the room.

Revenge stood in the doorway, that same evil smirk on his face.

Race gritted his teeth.

Revenge flicked on the light in the room, walked in, and shut the door.

It was a dim overhead light that gave just enough light to see the people in the room, but not enough to really see what you were doing.

"Oh... right."

Race looked over at Sling, confused. Why wasn't he freaking out?

"See, Racetrack, I believe you're wrong," Revenge started, almost grinning.

Sling slowly stood up. "We haven't been kidnapped," he stated. He stared into Race's eyes. "You've been kidnapped." He smirked.

Race looked between the two, his eyes wide.

The same smirk.

They had the same smirk.

"Oh my God." Race felt sick to his stomach.

"I've really enjoyed getting to know you, truly," Sling told him, picking the dirt out from under his nails. "All of your Poker games, selling strategies, little feuds with Hotshot. You really do make everything more entertaining." He grinned as he looked at Race.

Race felt chills run down his body at the look in his eye.

"And you made everything much easier," Sling stated. "I guess I owe you a thank you. Because of you, everything will go so much more smoothly with phase 2."