14. Confessions

Start bij het begin

"We innis' hea togetha ma. I don't like fightin witchu but I don't like this Leah eitha. I can't lose you."

Him saying that made me feel worse. I had to tell him. "Ant, I-" I stated, pulling back to look him in the eye. They were red and I knew what I had to say was gon break his heart.

"I-I'm not going anywhere." I hugged his neck, squeezing him tighter than before. "I'll go get help. I promise."

----

Kirsten

I sat on the porch, dribbling the ball between my legs. It was Saturday and I was beyond bored. Jamie was sick so she couldn't come out. Who gets the flu during spring time. That's just weird but whatever.

My mind wondered back to last night. I'd never heard my momma and ole man argue like that. It woke me up and I couldn't sleep after that. I'm surprised Brae didn't wake up but he sleeps thru anything.

"Why you looking like you lost ya puppy?"

I look up and see Ishmael walking up the driveway. I smiled and slid over so he could sit down. "Wassup Izzy?"

"I'm boreddddd. I didn't think you were coming over."

"I told you I was coming. Ain gon lie to you."

"Promise?"

He held up his pinky finger. "My word bond. You never have to doubt with me." he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close. i kept my head down, slick in my feelings.

"What you quiet for?"

"No reason."

"Lie again."

I smirked, holding in a laugher. "I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"You. Me. Us," I mumbled the us part. He bit his lip, glancing at me. "What about us?"

"Like...wh-what are we?"

"I mean, iono really. I like you. You fun to be around and you always keep it real with me. Nobody else knows about my situation but JC and I trust you, which is hard for me."

He stared off at specifically nothing. I know deep down there was something else but I wasn't going to push the issue. At least not now. "Izzy....."

"Yea Ishmael?" I had my arm wrapped around his arm and my head laying on his shoulder.

"I think I love you...."

Maddie

I pushed the buggy up and down the aisles of Walmart, getting a few items for myself and Rae. She was occupied by a bag of chips I opened for her. It felt weird being back in Houston but I needed to get away. I almost slipped up and said the L word to Randy and I've been on edge ever since.

"Rae, throw another cheeto on the floor and I'm taking the bag," I warned her, picking up the ones she threw. She took the bag and hid it beside her. "No mama. My!"

"Girllll... Rae don't make me..."

"Maddie?"

I turned to see none other than Troy. I made my attitude known as i dramatically rolled my eyes. "Hi Troy."

"What's good? Ain seen you in like 2 years." He gained some weight but at least he looked healthy. At one point I thought he was on dope.

"I know. It's been a while."

He nodded. "You look good."

"Thanks. Don't look too bad yaself."

"Ma-ma! I wun da-da!" Raegan said, causing me to look her way. "Well I gotta go. Goo-"

"Bae, there you are," a familiar voice said and I turned around to see Kiona walking down towards us, holding a little baby boy. She made eye contact and froze. Attitude came across her face as she stood there with her arms folded.

I had to look behind me because clearly she had me fucked up. "Uh, you must forgot about me, I'll still spank that ass, my daughter right here and all. Don't get froggy if yeen gon leap ho."

"What Ant sent you down hea to scare me? Ya little sidekick gon come from around the corner and sneak me."

I turned my nose up at her. "First off, ain shxt sneaky about my approach. You know when we coming. Second, what Ant gotta do with me being hea?"

"Cut the bullshxt. I know Ant sent you but you tell that bastard that he gon do the DNA test." Troy didn't say anything and I was three seconds from bussing this bitch with this jug of milk.

"DNA test? For who?"

Kiona looked at me with squinted eyes then widened them. She just basically told off on herself. "You didn't know?"

"Hmph, well I do now." I shook my head and grabbed Rae from the basket. I didn't even feel like shopping anymore. I am disgusted. Ant raw dogged that bitch? I felt sick. He could actually be the father of a thotler.

I paid for the chips that Rae opened and went on my way. The ride back to my mamas house was full of me thinking. Do I tell Leah? Does she already know? Of course she doesn't, she would have told me right?

I pulled in the driveway and parked. I pulled out my phone and thought about calling Leah but didn't. If she didn't know, she wasn't gon hear it from me first. Instead I called Anthony. Boyyyy was I fina cuss his out.

----