𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚒 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚔
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Peter grabbed me by the arm and spun me around so we were hunched over facing the lockers.

"Why are we huddling, Parker?"

"Liz is coming this way!" He whisper-shouted through clenched teeth.

"Right so you wanna look cool by crouching by the lockers with the least popular girl in school, gotcha.  You're gonna get all the ladies with this technique," I teased, rolling my eyes.

The clicking of high-heels faded and I turned around confidently.

"Popular clique has left the area, I repeat, popular clique has left the ar-"

Peter put a hand around my mouth and sheepishly smiled at the staring parties of judgemental teenagers.

"Kate, we're already the biggest dorks in school, no need to make that worse," He led me down the hall keeping our heads down.

"Please, what're they gonna do?  Bully us?"

"That is exactly what they've been doing," Peter seethed.

"Oh yeah, sorry Penis Parker I forgot," I teased, poking at his shoulder.  Peter rolled his eyes.

"Shut up."

"Make me," I said, turning and walking off to my next class.  My face turned red but I didn't turn back to see Peter's reaction.

I trudged into Algebra and took my seat at the back next to the boy who picked his nose and the girl who would draw in her eyebrows with sharpie. Algebra will forever be my least favourite class.

After my first set of classes I made my way to the cafeteria where Ned and Peter were talking.

"Hey, Kate!" Ned waved me over and I dropped my tray down on the table.

"Hey," I greeted, "Whatcha talking about?"

"You actually," Peter said.

I raised an eyebrow and Peter shook his head quickly.

"I mean—you're friends with Liz, right?"

"No."

"You know how she's having a party this weekend?"

"No."

"And-"

"No."

"I didn't even finish that time!" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"If you think I can get you an invite to the biggest event of the year, you're crazy.  Now if you don't mind, I'd like to eat my lunch."

Peter huffed but went silent while Ned launched straight into a very detailed explanation of how one goes about getting a party invite.

After school I made it very clear that I didn't want to hear about Peter's crush on Liz once during patrol.  I don't think I'd be able to handle hearing him go on and on about her perfectness for any longer than necessary.