leave me alone ☕🥛

Plot summary: Five's usual snide remarks backfire on him when Y/N decides to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Morning, Allison, Vanya, Diego, Luther , Klaus and Ben." Y/N said in an unusually chirpy manner as she entered the dining room. All the Hargreeves siblings greeted her back, except the one she left out.

"You greeted Ben but you didn't greet Five?" Klaus asked curiously. All eyes were back on her, but Five was biting back a smile. Y/N pretended she didn't understand what Klaus just said, shooting him an overly-sweet smile as she rummaged the fridge. "Who?"

Klaus stopped chewing but didn't push the topic. Diego and Luther exchanged glances, and gave Five a look that asked 'what did you do this time?'. The young boy rolled his eyes and avoided their gaze, munching on his peanut butter-marshmallow sandwich.

Naturally, Y/N sat beside Five at the dinner table. But being the stubborn young lady she was, she decided to sinply stand by the kitchen island and watch them eat as she chugged on her glass of milk.

"Y/N, aren't you going to eat? There's bagels here and-" Allison piped up, but was cut off by Y/N waving her hand. "I'm fine, thanks." she replied, still with an exaggerated smile gracing her face.

Allison seemed to get the message as her eyes flickered to Five then back to Y/N. Her eyes formed an 'o' shape, and she nodded in understanding.

Y/N walked to where she usually sat, and Five thought she was finally going to sit down and join them. But alas, she merely grabbed a piece of toast and whipped around. Five couldn't help but smirk lightly at her actions.

"I'll be in my room if you need me." Y/N called out as her voice faded in the distance.

As soon as Y/N was out of earshot, the rest of the Hargreeves focused their attention on Five, who still had that sh*t-eating grin on his face.

"Do you mind telling us what's going on with you and Y/N?" Diego inquired, popping a tart in his mouth.

Five breathed heavily. "Yes, I do mind." he spoke as he raised an eyebrow at his brother. Diego glared at him.

"Five, what did you do?" Allison asked, crossing her arms. Five groaned and set his spoon down quite harshly.

"Why is it that you all assume that I'm the one at fault, hmm?" he asked in an unamused expression.

"Uh, because you always are?" Luther responded sassily and Klaus burst out laughing. As soon as he saw Five's death glare, however, he instantly shut up.

"Y/N wouldn't act like that if you haven't done something, Five." Vanya added in a soft voice. Ben nodded in agreement as he pursed his lips.

"Spill it." Allison pressed, narrowing her eyes at him. "Or I'll rumor you to do so."

Five challenged her with a stare. "As if."

But Allison wasn't bluffing. It was her turn to smirk. "I heard a rumor..."

"Okay fine, geez. I didn't think you'd actually do it." Five sighed in defeat, rolling his eyes at his sister. The others leaned forward in anticipation of his narration of events.

"I may or may not have told her to leave me alone while I was finishing my computations."

A bunch of groans and faces contorted in disappointment were directed towards Five. The boy's eyebrows met in irritation. "What?"

"Did you really have to sass her? She was probably just being nice." Allison said, sipping on the straw of her orange juice. Vanya hummed in agreement.