Year 1- Spilled Notes

Start from the beginning

There was one other girl who seemed also seemed to find this just as repulsive as Y/n, and luckily they shared a dorm.

Cressida Dawson was another 1st year Slytherin whom Y/n had a four poster bed next to in their dorm which was shared with three other girls.

Jenetta Wade, Nadine Brewer, and Melissa Gentry. Y/n had become friends with these girls -mostly because of their late night discussions when none of them could sleep- but found herself closest with Cressida.

So now she was hurrying off to her next lesson. Bustling down the halls as quickly as she could, seeing that she was mostly likely going to be late.

She peered down at her watch which had very conveniently decided to stop working. Her footsteps slowed as she tapped her watch, trying to get it to work again.

Suddenly someone bumped her shoulder roughly as they passed, causing all her notes to spill out of her hands and onto the floor.

A frustrated sigh left Y/n's lips.

'Hey ass hat!' She wanted to shout after the boy who was now laughing and racing down the hall with his friends, too preoccupied to notice that he had bumped into Y/n. But just then, professor Snape had rounded the corner, so she decided to keep her mouth shut.

She knelt down and began picking up the scattered pages.

If she wasn't late before, she sure would be now.

After snatching all her notes (some of which, had been stepped on by oblivious students) Y/n hurried off to her next class, mentally cursing whoever that obnoxious boy was.

She finally got to her class which had already begun.

"Ms.Y/l/n, 10 points from Slytherin. One for each minute you were late" the professor announced as Y/n took her seat next to Cressida.

Many Slytherins groaned and some shot Y/n nastily glares.

'Geez, it was 10 points' she thought and shifted in her seat, uncomfortable from all the eyes on her.

"Now, let's resume our lesson, shall we?" The professor turned away from the students and began waving their wand, which was making a piece of chalk scribble something down on the big blackboard at the front.

The Slytherins who were glaring at Y/n, were now facing the front and listening as the professor droned on.

"Why are you so late?" Cressida whispered to Y/n.

"Dropped my notes" she replied.

Cressida nodded and turned her attention back to the front of the classroom.

Class seemed to drag on forever and Y/n was quite relieved to get out of there.

Cressida and her walked together to the Slytherin common room. Murmuring the password and finding a seat to relax in and try to do their homework.

"I don't get it." Cressida said simply.

"What?" Y/n turned to her.

"I don't get any of it"

"Same." Y/n sighed and leaned her back against the couch.