Chapter 6: "Age is everything, including the damn number"

Start from the beginning

  "TOBIO!!" Shoyo called, signaling for a fresh towel after his shower. Tobio handed him his towel, as he began his routine, which he actually has believe it or not. Making his way to the bedroom, shoyo spots the black haired man occupied at the closet. Now their closet is pretty huge, since Tobio FINALLY decided to get a sense of style, but the result of this new stylish being is he can't stop filling his wardrobe. It's crazy, since he absolutely hates shopping, but he'd never pass up and opportunity to put more clothes in the closet. Shoyo sees no problem with this, as his husband looks fucking scrumptious in anything, but if he ends up having to use one of their guest rooms down the hall for a closet, he'd be downright pissed.

  "Oh good, you're out. Now which one? I can't seem to choose. This one makes my muscles look nice, but this one makes me look kind of, I don't know, fat?" Tobio remarked, as Shoyo walked up to him, eyeing the pieces of clothing he's thumbing. "Okay, first of all, you did not just say anything makes you look fat. You are the literal embodiment of the whole "built like a Greek god" ideology. And I'd prefer that one actually. That other one is too tight, and all I'm seeing is abdominals. No sir, that attire is not acceptable outside of this house." The ginger concluded. Tobio just stared at him, leading into his classic eyebrow arch. "Since when did you become my mom?? I'll be wearing this one." He turned, slightly raising his head up, resembling the reserved brat that he is. "Then why even ask me??Are you rebelling against me, you're lovely husband Tobioo- "Because I know you, and I know whatever you don't pick or use excuses like it's too "tight" or "i just don't think it fits you" means I look good, you just don't want anyone seeing it" The younger added while he folded his arms over his chest, smirk growing. "You always police what I wear because you think it's "too much". So I think I could conclude the same hypothesis as you, babe." Shoyo began. "Actually, I let you wear what you want. I only actually tell you to change when it IS too much. Even if it looks god awful I still let you wear it," Tobio stated. "I NEVER LOOK AWFUL! YOU THINK JUST CAUSE YOU STOPPED WEARING ALL BLACK AND FINALLY GOT A LITTLE FASHION SENSE THAT YOU BECAME SOME SORT OF GURU??" "HEY! I liked black... I still do- "Wait- no, I didn't mean it like a bad thing, but it is true. You were still hella hot though." Shoyo cleared. Silence filled the room as Tobio's pout started to grow. Now Shoyo has a few tricks up his sleeve when it comes to persuading his husband, yet he has to admit Tobio has his as well. "Fine. Wear that tight ass BLACK turtleneck." He finished. Tobio smiled a bit at that, landing a kiss on Shoyo's temple. "And they say I'm the jealous one?? Seriously, look at this brat!" "SHUT UP!"
————————————————————————

Here's the part Shoyo hates the most. While they're walking around the shopping district, they have to be as lowkey as possible. Now that doesn't stop fans from noticing them, which always ends up overcrowding the square. They can't even hold hands to stay together, let alone be too close that it looks a bit suspect. Fans and paparazzi have NO filter, meaning they'd ask tobio about some random shit like "underwear commercials" or "sexy magazine covers" to which he blushes and stutters over, and they ask Shoyo if he has a lover or interested in anyone yet. Tobio does his best to not throw any hints of suspicion, but boy is it hard when you literally have an entire ROCK on your finger. Did they even notice it? Tobio is sure they must've overlooked it, since they have yet to leave his husband alone about a wife. To think he let Shoyo wear his ring out today on purpose, to cause a little shit for a bit of fun, and they didn't even take the bate. These are certified stalkers, how the hell are they not catching on to two matching rings on the lovers' fingers.

After security got them out of the chaos, Tobio asked Shoyo about what had occupied his mind the whole encounter. "So you think they noticed?" He questioned, looking down at his partner. "Mmm i dunno. Fans, yes, definitely yes, but those idiot daily news people, nah too nosy." Shoyo responded, rolling his eyes. "Someone had to. I didn't go out of my way to prepare this scheme for it to fail." "Tobio I don't even- "OMG KAGEYAMA TOBIO!! With.. HINATA SHOYO??? CAN I PLEASE GET AN AUTOGRAPH!!!" A brown haired girl, who looked about 17 exclaimed. "Oh, sure! Do you have a pen?? You want both??" Shoyo asked, looking up at the girl. She seemed nervous about something, spacing out often, not making eye contact, but she'd make these weird faces at Tobio. Often looking down at his shirt (THAT FUCKING TOP-), and other parts of his body. Shoyo does not like where this is going. "Um.. Kageyama-san?" The girl began, looking away from the couple, as Tobio started to sign his signature. "Yes Mai?" He asked, still bent over, now tilting his head up, eyes trained on the girl. The one time she looked up, the position of his combined with him using her name made her blush hotly, looking away as she prepared her line. "Do you uh.. have a girlfriend? Just asking cause- "I'm 24, Mai." "I-I KNOW! I JUST ASKED!" She yelled, still not making eye contact. Tobio straightened, looking at Shoyo, who in turn was just staring at him. No intention of helping huh? With a sigh, he pulled up his hand, showing the diamond on his finger, then putting it back in place. To this, Mai just frowned, followed by a brief look of understanding. In her eyes, she should've guessed that. No way in hell has someone like that been walking around untouched and uncuffed. Someone HAD to have hit that by now . "Oh, sorr-" she looked down at Shoyo's ring, as her face filled with confusion. They looked kind of, similar in a way? Everyone knows the men are besties, hell they've been called "the best duo" since high school days. So she really won't even question it much. "Well, Mai we have to get going. Bye!!" Shoyo yelled as he pulled Tobio out of the hall. Mai was left speechless, but Tobio turned around to smile at the girl, offering one last wave, since he felt kind of bad for her. The red hue on her face darkened, as she left to go find her friends.

"I...was not expecting that." Tobio started, locking his pinkie with Shoyo's. "You weren't?!? I knew the second she was acting jumpy. She definitely thought you were fine as hell- "Alright, alright. Can we go home now? This was enough for one day," Tobio slurred. "No! I want to get food, then we can go home. I still can't believe that high school student jumped straight into relationships though!" "Can we stop talking about it- "NEVER!! YOU WANTED TO WEAR YOUR SKINTIGHT TURTLENECK NOW YOU CANT HANDLE THE STARES!" Shoyo laughed, as Tobio looked off with a pout. He's lucky Tobio had enough decency to take out his ponytail though. That poor girl would've flatlined.