Chapter 1

It was your typical hot summer day, the scorching heat taking away the normal energy of the house that the eight boys shared together. They all gathered around a singular revolving fan; all the windows in the house were shut to preserve the cold air.

    "I guess it's even too hot to go to the pool," Hyunjin muttered, his voice being distorted by the fan. Everyone nodded in agreement.

    "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna try to get a job this summer," Jisung announced out of the blue. "Hopefully somewhere with good air conditioning."

    "How about you try babysitting?" Chan suggested. "You're good with kids and it pays well. Plus, you don't have to deal with annoying coworkers."

    "Please. He would be the annoying coworker," Minho teased, elbowing Jisung in the ribs.

    "Shut up," Jisung mumbled, deep in thought. "I'll put an ad up online and see how it goes."

    He began setting up the ad, stating past working experience and leaving himself open for a background check. Hopefully, the time when he was kicked out of a McDonalds wouldn't come up. Finishing up his resume, he posted the ad and began waiting for anyone that would be willing to hire him.

    "Chan and I are gonna play Overwatch," Felix said, poking his head into the living room where everyone had long since left. "Wanna join?"

    "Sure," Jisung replied, tucking his phone into his pocket and joining the two in their room.

    A match had just ended when Jisung's phone vibrated on the nightstand. He reached over and picked it up, checking the display. Someone had responded to his ad.

    "Holy shit. Take a look at this!" Jisung exclaimed, showing the reply to the two who were now looking at the response eagerly.

    Hello Jisung,

    My husband and I have three young children that need looking after this summer. We'll be out of the house a lot and frankly, the manor is too big for us to keep an eye on them ourselves. Our manor is about two hours from your location so you'll have to stay for the summer, but there's no need to worry. We'll cover your food and living expenses as long as you're here as well as a high salary. Please call us by next week if you accept.

    Sincerely,
    The residents at Park Manor.

    "I think you should accept!" Felix said enthusiastically. " I mean... I would be lying if I said I wouldn't miss you, but that salary is more than any of us will make at a job in our entire lifetime!"

    "He's right," Chan agreed. "You should accept. Just promise to keep in touch, okay? Let's tell the others."

    Within the next week, they were all gathered in the driveway saying heartfelt goodbyes to Jisung. It would be three months before they would see him again. Though Jisung had promised to keep in touch, it wasn't the same as him being physically with them.

    As Jisung pulled out of the driveway, he slowed down the car so Jeongin could jog along-side it until they were two houses down. Though some might consider it childish, it was something that Jeongin had always done, and the others genuinely loved it.

    Had they known the horrors that were in store for Jisung at Park Manor, they would have never let him go.