Chapter 6.

1 month later
April 2021

I had been Staying at my moms taking care of her because her cancer had gotten worse.

"Hey mama how you feeling ?" I asked rubbing her head.

"Not good sa" she said.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked

"He said I've moved to stage 4 and they're not sure if I'm gonna make it even with chemotherapy" she said.

When she said that my heart literally dropped. I couldn't imagine losing her, without her I was all my sisters had.

"So you-you're dying " I said with my voice cracking . "Yes baby...I have around 2 months to live. She said holding my hand and I broke down.

"Now I don't want you to be sad baby I'm just going home. I want you to take care of your sisters...take them in so they won't be separated. I'm gonna make sure everything is good before I go."
She explained.

"But mama what are we gonna do without you?" I asked

"You're gonna live your life...I want you to a finish school and get your degree and be great. Make sure you teach your sisters to be young ladies guide them in the the right direction." She said.

"I will ma, I promise." I said while hugging her not Wanting to let go.

An hour later I had to go home but I really didn't want to leave my mama .

I got in my car and drove home. I was barely there because I was always at my moms.

I walk in and see sky hugged up with some dude I never seen and Liyah was playing mortal combat with Dee screaming at the tv.

"Hey y'all sky who diiiis?" I questioned.

"Oh this my manz Jae" she said kissing his cheek

"Oh ok then don't play wit you💅🏽" I said.

"How your mama doing?" Dee asked

"Not good, she doesn't have long to live" I said holding back tears

"Omg I'm so sorry sa what's gonna happen with your sisters?" Liyah asked.

"I'm gonna have to take them in I'm searching for a bigger and more permanent place so I can have space for them." I said.

"That's crazy sa im praying for you bby" sky said.

"I have good news yall...I found an apartment!!!😝😝😝" sky said

"Periooood when you moving in?" I asked

"Damn tryna get rid of me already? I move in Wednesday " sky laughed

"Im so proud of you giiirl" Liyah said.

A few minutes later I got a call from my little sister savannah

Savannah💞 would like to FaceTime...

"Sa somethings wrong with ma!" She yelled

"What happened where is she ?" I asked

"She's in the bathroom! She has a needle in her arm and she's foaming from the mouth!" She cried

I had to process what she just said. No way my mother just overdosed on heroin.

"Omfg I'm on my way right now" I ran out the door with out saying anything to anyone
*
*
I get there and there's ambulances everywhere and police cars.