Deep

He couldn't help it

He couldn't help it but stare intently on her

She was rambling along the lines of "Solar System and spaces are so awesome", a goofy grin plastered over lips that forgotten what it feels like to stretch in happiness. Two deep dimples engraved on her cheeks like meteor craters after they crash loudly on land similar to how hard he fell for her without even realizing it. 

She blissfully retells her passion over outside of Earth. She was over the moon as she recalls every constellation she likes such as, The Big Dipper, while he was kilometers deep beneath the ocean of his emotions, trap in the loud sound of his thumping heart. They were two worlds apart yet, somehow, he finds himself helplessly reflect the skies with his waters to connect with the stars and beyond

She snapped her fingers in front of him, "Hey, Earth to space head. You there? I know I'm not a good of a teller but am I really that bad for you to zone out on?" 

Despite the sunset rays lacing her face and strands, he saw a light on those eyes beyond dark void. He can't help but stupidly stare and stare, not caring if he were to be blind. After all, it was a luxury to lay eyes on something so astronomical. 

"Say something will you? Tell me I'm a bad teller for all I care, just speak up or I'll get the wrong idea" 

Drowned in his ocean of feelings, he couldn't hear a thing besides the roaring emotions clawing to be released. And he did. 

Like the Sun and Moon reaching desperately for each other after being separated for long periods of time, longing and yearning as they patiently earn the chance to meet even short-lived, he leans in carefully and meets his lips with hers. 

Her eyes widen.

As the Sun and Moon forgets about everything for that moment and cherishes the limited time they have for each other, he savors the intimate time he gave himself to make his ocean of feelings clear as the day. 

He empathizes Moon's selfishness to keep Sun's bright rays for itself, the staggered relief to be finally in contact, only  to be apart later on and survive for the next period of time with solely the memory of being with Sun. 

And as gravity pulls them away, he gaze her eyes directly whilst he held her head in his hands. Unbeknownst to him, his gaze sent a shiver down her spine due to the way he was holding eye contact with such intensity of fervor. 

He whispers as if wishing upon a shooting star, "I'm gonna sound cheesy, but screw it.." 

"I never told you because I was scared that you'll ignore me, but I can't hide it anymore. You're that massive star that I can't help but revolve around for...
You're that big flaming orb that I can't help but chase around and adore every Eclipse that we do..."

"A sun.." she murmured.

He nodded, foreheads rest against each other, "A sun that I can't help but reach out even if I end up burning myself" 
"Everything is an empty void of space when you're gone. Remember that time when you went to a vacation? I was like a floating rock, it wasn't fun" 

"I realized that time that someone else might become your moon, that someone else will do Eclipses with you. I didn't want that..."

"I want no other Sun besides you..."

"So, if you'd allow me, can I revolve around you for the rest of my time?"