3

They were greeted by a smiling Charlie; which was good to see. He had grew up knowing Charlie, the man was always around because he was his friends with his dad and Billy. Charlie welcomed them inside, offering them a seat at the table while he got the food ready to serve.

"Where've you been, Seth?" Charlie finally asked as he put a plate of garlic bread on the table. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"I was helping Uncle Ken," he lied. He was amazed of how easy it was to lie, but a mortal couldn't know about the existence of vampires unless they were going to be turned into one. He didn't want Charlie to face a death sentence because of him. Though, he was pretty sure that the kings would put a pass on it because Allison knows him. "He was in a car accident." Thank God, Uncle Ken lived in another town but it worried him that if Charlie ran into him, he would ask about it.

"Oh. How is he doing?"

"Better now."

Charlie went to grab them drinks and the spaghetti, bringing it to the table, he looked at Allison, asking, "How about you, Alleykat?"

Seth noticed Allison's smile. Alleykat is the nickname that Emmett had given her, which caught on with a lot of people.

"We went to go see family in Alaska," she said. "We haven't seen them in a while so dad figured we should."

"Did Edward go, too?"

"Yep," she said. "Have you talked to Bella? I tried getting a hold of her but haven't been able to get through."

Seth was curious in Charlie's answer. He wasn't going to let Bella get off the hook for putting them through hell for her own personal gain, his sister also wanted to get at her and so did the others.

"I talked to her two days ago," he said, catching them by surprise. In all honesty, he was expecting for him to say that he haven't recieved any word from her at all. "She's taking a course in Italy."

Do you think that she's in Italy? Seth asked Allison telepathically.

Well, it's definitely something.

Seth listened to Allison's and Charlie's conversation, as they started to fill their plates up with food. He couldn't help but wonder if Bella regretted what she had done, though, of course, it seemed highly unlikely. She had been begging Edward to change her after she found out that he was a vampire, making up scenarios of what could happen to her if she wasn't turned or planning their entire eternity together before it even started.

An eternity of her being on the run was definitely something she didn't sign up for.

___________________THE VISIT_______________________________________

Two hours later, they left Charlie's. They went around the back of his house to walk alone in the woods. He has thought about it, he had debated with himself, and came to the conclussion that he had to go see the pack.

"Well, I'm glad that you made up your mind," Allison said as she walked beside him. "The decision had to be made by you alone."

Seth bit his lip. "So, you support it?" The question came out a bit harsh. He didn't mean for it to, it just came out.

"Yeah." She looked at him. "Why?" She frowned, noticing the look on his face. "What's up?"

"The last time you didn't."

Allison raised an eyebrow. "Want to explain on that? You're losing me."

"I did lose you," Seth said, stopping in his tracks, which caused Allison to stop in hers only a few feet away. She turned to look at him.

"You didn-"

"Let me start over," Seth sighed. "I had faith that we were going to get out, I held onto that for you. Tortured, weak, I couldn't do anything to get us out, so I believed that help would be on its way, and it was. I saw you, Alley. I saw that you given up."

"Seth-"

"What good is it to allow me to escape and leave you behind?" Seth asked, his voice raised with each passing word. He was angry. "I thought we were suppose to have each others backs."

"Set-"

"Tell me," he growled at her, "did you forget our promise? Did you not know how hard it was for me to leave you behind?"

Allison's blue eyes stared at Seth with sadness. "Seth-"

"TELL ME!"

"I COULDN'T LET YOU DIE BECAUSE OF ME!" Allison shouted back at him, tears running down her cheeks. "SHIT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF ME!"

"So sacrifical of you," Seth glared hard at his sister. He ignored the fact that he hated seeing her upset, but he was angry.

"They tortured you...You know what, yeah, I decided to be the one killed." Seth didn't say anything. "It was no question to me on who would live or die. You were there at the wrong place at the wrong time; the Romanians got me, tortured me. I may not have had faith like you did, but I knew that I couldn't let you die because of me."

"Maybe you should've had this discussion with me while we-"

"Risk the opportunity to get you out?" Allison interrupted. "No." She took a few steps towards him, closing the space between them. Her eyes were red from crying, it felt like a punch to the gut to Seth knowing that he was the cause of this. "I always have you're back. You can't always be the one protecting me, Seth."

Seth remained silent as he stared at her. Protect mom, that was what he always heard from his dad because she wasn't like them. Protect the pack, a constant repeat from Sam that they had to have each other's back. Protect Forks, a daily repeat from Sam, Jacob and the elders to make sure that no cold ones were to tear the town into shreds. They were all something that someone told him to protect. He considered Allison to be personal. At that time, she couldn't defend herself from anything of the supernatural world, so he took the responsibility to do so. His protectiveness had grown dramatically over a short period of time; Quil had joked that he was the overprotective big brother to her. Quil was right.

Though, he did almost fail her and he didn't know how to deal with it.

Seth sighed. "I'm your big brother. It's my job to try to protect my baby sister."

Allison blinked back her tears. "Go...go see the pack. I'll see you back home."

Seth felt a rush of wind hit him push pass him, Allison was gone. Seth sighed, he decided that he was going to take a walk before going on the pack's territory.