Chapter 3: Why me?

Chapter 3

Chaeyoung was very quiet as she sipped her coffee in her office. She hated how she was designated to a project that involves the talents of the company. It was just her 6th month on the job and felt the disparity of the treatment between junior and senior associates. What does she expect?

She was the youngest associate in the company. Hell, she was the youngest in their department.

"Do I look like a babysitter? I did not study to become a lawyer to take care of a bunch of idols!", she muttered.

She was assigned as the lead legal advisor of the group iKON.

She was not familiar with them as she studied abroad for a couple of years. She studied business at Columbia University in New York and went to study international law at Harvard Law School.

She became a lawyer at the age of 23 and worked for a year as an associate in a law firm on Wall Street. She just came back to Seoul last year with the insistence of her mother.

"Ms. Park? Are you okay?", asked Shua, her assistant.

Chaeyoung got startled as she heard her assistant.

"Oh! Yes. I am alright. I need you to pull out all the information on all the members of iKON. All their contracts, legal documents, issues about them, and even personality tests if they have one. I need you to give it to me by the end of the day".

" Yes, Ms.Park", answered Shua. "Of course, you will need it by the end of the day". Shua hissed as she rolled her eyes.

Chaeyoung never smiles and wants everything to be on time and perfect. It bugs her how a very beautiful young lady can be that emotionless.

One time she called in sick because of a headache and the only thing that Chaeyoung said was "Okay. When you come back tomorrow print out all the reports and put it on my desk", then she hung up.

Shua has no animosity towards her boss, except that she is a perfectionist and an ice princess.