Chaper 8

Zuki steps a foot forward and began to shoot arrows towards the scaly beast. Luckily the Cardinal bow has infinite arrows or else she's be out for a long time ago.

She was able to shoot the two eyes and blind the reptile while also piercing 2 arrows through the stomach area. The skin was thick and strong. Out of all 15 arrows only 4 were able to actually do some damage. If a normal bow were to be used, the arrow will most probably not even be able to pierce it's scales, maybe just tiny unnoticeable scratches.

Wolfy grips his weapons tightly, shifting his gaze between the entrance and the fight.

He ponders his choices in a quick pace. If he were to escape pass the snake unscathed(which is quite possible), will he even be able to go through the cave with monsters (that were already slayed anyway on the way) and go through the dark forest without getting lost (he's a wolf with a great sense of smell, of course he can, if there were forest beasts he can run away). Or he can choose to fight and help the idiotic woman, that for some reason is the Cardinal bow hero and possibly gain more xp and level up and have a higher chance of survival against the outside world after escaping the that 'treacherous' and 'evil' woman(he really is trying to convince himself huh).

2 choices. One has a higher chance of survival, but lower chance of getting free(because mr slave trader for some reason knows almost everything), or the second option, fighting with the crazy lady and have a lower chance of survival but have a higher chance of being free(especially by gaining levels and be out in the open instead of in a dingy cage, and when he's strong enough he can escape the crazy woman and help other beastkins be free from that bastard slave trader and from other slaveries).

To fight or not to fight, that is a question.

He glances at the woman who is focused on killing the now aggressive reptilian which now has 7 arrows sticking out of its body. She has sweat rolling of her forehead and neck. Even though in a dark cave her beauty still shines, although looking tired determination still managed to show in her stances. (Damn protagonists)

Then he glances towards his possible freedom. He takes a step towards that direction and once again casted his glance back at the woman.

Their eyes meet for a second and time seemed to stop. He rethinks his choices.

A ball of saliva is stuck in his throat looking at the woman who had pleading eyes, through the eyes she's asking him to fight. He clenches his fist around the grip of the short sword, swallowed the lump in his throat, and closed his eyes tightly.

He opened them and it seemed to glow in the dark.

He fully turned his body and dashed towards the 9 feet long reptiles stomach, the softest area of a reptile.

He jumps and manages to pierce it, he pushes the blade deeper towards the flesh and jumps off bringing the sword with him while an arrow passes above his head and pierces the place a few inches below the the snakes snout.

With 8 arrows stuck to its body and a deep stab mark it only needs atleast a few more hits before it's health goes zero.

The two now working as an organized pair does an alternate of shooting, slicing, and stabbing.(hah, reminds me of the second ep in SAO of Asuna and Kirito fighting the first floor boss. But instead of two swords it's one short sword and an bow)

Zuki could've shot the head but she wasn't able to. The snake moved to fast so she aimed for the bigger targets like in the torso are. Yes she was able to hit the two eyes but it became more aggressive meaning among was harder while also it got closer so Zuki shots became more frantic. She didn't miss a shot but the force on the arrow head wasn't strong enough to pierce the skin just scratch it.