lover

"OH MY GOD THIS IS MY SONG" I jump off the counter and dash into the living room.

Flynn laughs at me from the kitchen trying not to burn the pancakes I insisted we make. We were supposed to be making breakfast until I decided to blast music in the midst of all the chaos.

and just to kill my time

I take the long way home

I ask the traffic lights if it'll be alright

they say I don't know

"YOU SAID IT WAS A GREAT LOVE, 

ONE FOR THE AGES"

I start shouting the lyrics off-key as I perform the entire song. It would suck to be the neighbors. Oh well.

"BUT IF THE STORY'S OVER

 WHY AM I STILL WRITING PAGES" 

Flynn nearly chokes on her coffee at me on the floor giving a whole performance ending the line with my hands up looking at the ceiling.

As I'm dancing dramatically to the music, pretty much acting out the song, Flynn just stares at me with this weird strange look in her eye. Not weirded out, not fear, not confusion. But one I've never seen before. It's not scary, but it's new. 

"Babe? hello?" I wave my arm at her.

Flynn snaps out of her trance, and lifts her head up to look at me across the room.

"Hm?"

"You okay?"

Flynn's POV

Okay is an understatement. Everything I've ever wanted in this little apartment. My girlfriend dancing in our living room with breakfast cooking behind us and my heart filled with joy. Which I hadn't felt in a long time. I feel whole.

(I know it's cheesy just go with it)

"More than okay."

"Okay good. I thought you were starting to hate me." she states.

"I do."

"Don't be so sure." she winks.

I fall silent opening and closing my mouth as if to say something. But nothing comes out. Even though the gesture is small, I can still feel the butterflies start in my stomach. She starts to laugh a little, then pauses for a second to think. She reaches her hand out towards me.

I look down at her hand and then back up at her, confused.

"What?"

"Dance with me. please?"

I hate dancing. I was never good at it and I have two left feet. and I can't use either. But I turn off the stove and give in anyways. taking Carries hand, I step into the living room, Carrie, having been a performer her whole life, showing me how to step. Reluctantly, I place one hand on her waist and the other in her hand.

"This is called ballroom dancing. It's easy and slow, don't worry."

can I go where you go,
can we always be this close
forever and ever

as the music from Carries phone plays in the background, we start swaying to the sound of the music.

Occasionally I mess up and step on Carrie's feet, which causes her to laugh a little, then step back into me, with my face in a little pout. Causing Carrie to laugh harder.

Carrie's POV

She wasn't kidding when she said she couldn't dance. She gets upset when she messes up but I find it cute.

"You know I love you, right?" I say.

"What?"

"I love you"

"I know and i love you."

you're my, my, my, my
lover

<3

(I'm gonna go fall on a pointy stick this is awful I'm sorry. I told yall I can't write)