x

1338 words

published 6/27/2021

tw: none

cw: angst

karl pov | gates of heaven

"next!" i step up in line as i see the person in front of me walk towards the stairs. "name."

"karl jacobs, sir." i saw the man in front of me looking at his list.

"sorry karl, but your name isnt on here." i tilt my head and look at him with a confused look.

"uhm.. what does that mean?" he looks at me. his expression saying 'are you an idiot?'

"kid. it means you werent supposed to die today." i nod acting like i knew what he was saying. "that means you will be sent back down, but only if you retrace the steps of your life, without dying."

i nod quickly and smile as i feel my body lifting.

dream pov | at home

"clay, you have to eat." i hear a british voice enter my room and look up.

"george, go away. if i want to eat i will."

"clay. it has been over a week." i sigh.

"great to know. over a week since karl died.. yippee." i force a smile as i roll over on my bed to face away from the door, slow tears dropping from my eyes. [ohmagawddd angst my beloveddd was gooodddd]

karl pov | on earth

i woke up feeling dazed. i walked around my apartment and checked for clues of what day it was. [this is where it gets confusing so pay attention]

"oh.. good morning, karl!" i turned around and saw nick standing in the kitchen. i walk over to the kitchen and grab a pan and carton [i forget what they are called] of eggs. i crack three and mix them together, taking out the pancake mix from the pantry.

a few moments later clay saunters down the stairs.

"morning guys." he sounded half asleep as he walked towards me. i smiled as he embraced me from behind, remembering the moments i didnt have this. "good morning yellow." i laugh and turn around so that i am facing him, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso.

"good morning, love. nick invited alex and i over for dinner tonight, are you okay with that?" i look up at him and he nods, letting go and walking towards the couch. 

"also my younger sister is going to be back from her friends house." i look towards nick, nodding.

"how old is she?" i flip a few more pancakes and set them on the plate in front of me, to which a lazy alex quickly snatched them. "alex. paws off."

"im not a dog, dumbass."

sapnap pov | at the dream team house

it was turning late and i heard the doorbell ring.

"clay! your boyfriend is here." he scoffs from the couch and spits back a response.