Who are you? Is that a pseudo-herrscher, too? Also, Want some boba?

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Yeah. My old training area is around here!

Theresa: That's not the objective! We've got reports a Benares standing guard around a massive cluster of ice. We think it might be the Herrscher of Ice. But, my gut tells me it's not. I need you to investigate it at once.

Y/N: Alright! The Herrscher of ice! Got it! I will see it for myself!

The link clicked, signaling that it went off.

Theresa: Sakura.

Sakura: Yes?

Theresa: I need you to watch Y/N for me. If I remember correctly, that area is where your brother is, right?

Sakura: ...So, this is why you sent him.

Theresa: What?

Sakura: You sent him to get my brother and hire him to this Valkyrie school.

Theresa: It's nothing bad! I just want to free him as much as you do!

Sakura: You best not be hiding a lie behind those words. I will trust you, for now.

Theresa: Don't trust me, trust Y/N.

Y/N's POV...

Y/N: These trees... they look wilted. Cold or dead. This is the Herrscher's doing.

I continued to run through the forest, the trees only getting more and more wilted as I passed. I finally find the cluster, but something felt... off. This ice cluster... it felt...familiar.

Y/N: Theresa said that there's a Benares around. Yet, I don't see one. Could it be that it-

Before another word could be said, a loud roar was heard. I instantly ran to the sound of clashing and slashing.

??? POV...

??? Thoughts: The instant I wake up, I have to deal with this menace. How bothersome. This Benares is jumping back from my more powerful attacks. This is certainly not a normal Benares.

I jumped back from one of its more powerful laser blasts, barely singing my eye brows. I slashed at it, but it's claw stopped it. The Benares moved its leg over me, ready to squash me. I attempted to pull my katana back, but it's claws were latched onto it. The Benares' hand shot down at me as I closed my eyes, ready to reunite with my mother, father, and sisters.

Clang!

The sound of footsteps and clashing rang through the air.

???: Hey! Open your eyes! This is no time to give up!

???: Huh?

I opened them, revealing a man who seemed to be my age or slightly younger, with hair of flames, and veins popping out. He was putting all his might into holding it in place. He then moved and slashed at the claws of the Benares. It roared and let go of my blade, giving me a chance to jump back and take a breather.

???: Yuki?! Is that you?!

Yuki: How do you know my name?

???: I'll tell you after! Benares here! Look out for the tail attack now!

I looked back at it as the Benares spun its body, it's tail ready to shoot out balls of exploding lightning. I used my magic and created a pillar of ice to block the attack. The Benares shot it's attack as the ice shook and nearly shattered from the attack.

Yuki: I'm still rusty...

???: That was awesome! Come on! Let's do this quickly!

Yuki: Right.