Chapter 26

A/N; Thank you guys so much for reading, this is the last chapter!

Over the span of the week without Chuuya, Dazai had a lot of time to reflect.

Reflecting was never something he did well, his thoughts obscured by cold hard facts rather than the tide of opinion.

Fact: Chuuya had every right to be incredibly angry at Dazai.

Fact: As Dazai currently lounged on the couch Chuuya was no doubt scrounging for information.

Fact: Dazai was currently organizing his surprise for Chuuya whether the redhead would crush him when he aged up or not.

Opinion: Dazai missed him possibly more than anyone else did.

During his time in solitude, as one would call it, Dazai reflected hard. The fluttering in his chest had never subsided and nor did the giant knot in his gut.

Though with time Dazai had finally been able to put his finger on just what emotion could be this strong. Just what emotion had pushed and pulled him relentlessly like a child in a tide. What emotion made him nauseated and tugged at his heart.

Osamu Dazai thought he would never get to experience the emotion in his life, another one he had tossed aside along with the other useless ones. Though love, as it seemed, came in many forms. One being Chuuya Nakahara.

Though not romantically for the underaged Chibis. (Dazai may be many things, but a pedophile was not one of them.) Those flutters in his chest, the vice-like grip that suffocated and demanded attention, that was hot and heavy and scalding.

So he really did have a heart somewhere in there.

He had been looking down at a photograph taken, rubbing along its smooth edges when he had stumbled across the realization. It wasn't anything monumental, it just felt right. As if a missing piece of a puzzle that had been lost over the years had finally fallen into place.

"Sir," one of the workers asked, and Dazai was pulled from his musing. "Would you like the couch over here?"

"Ah- facing the window," Just as Chuuya had his couch before. He liked being able to gaze across the cityscape and Dazai didn't necessarily blame him.

The workers grunted as they set down the couch in front of the newly placed window.

Renovating Chuuya's giant apartment (penthouse. It practically took up the whole floor.) wasn't the most thoughtful thing. It was practical. But if there was one thing that Chuuya enjoyed the most in a gift, it was practicality.

And adding another bedroom so that any unfortunate guest wouldn't have to sleep on the couch, well, that was Dazai's choice. He would spend his own money as he wished.

Most of the furniture had been completely broken or ripped to shreds when Chuuya had activated corruption, and finding the correct furniture to match Chuuya's picky taste had been a challenge, but it was well worth it in the end. The pictures and trinkets Dazai had managed to salvage upon returning to the scene had been placed in their rightful spaces and it all seemed put together.

The only thing missing was Chuuya himself.

Though that space would be filled soon.

Dazai had expected the phone call from the bar, because if he knew Chuuya, then he knew that the eighteen-year-old was just gathering a little 'liquid courage' to confront him. (Even if he didn't need the alcohol for the little push, Chuuya had probably gotten sidetracked.)

This was his chance to gain Chuuya back from the mafia and Dazai was not about to lose him for a second time, at least not after explaining himself. He had been preparing the penthouse apartment before the call and now that he knew his exact location, he slipped on his winter coat and headed in the direction of the Port mafia-owned bar.