Guns & kisses

Começar do início

"I said I was sorry".

He sighed heavily, also noticing her tears.

Mateo made his way towards the sofa to sit down, tapping his thigh as a signal for her to come over and sit, she obeyed.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, but guns are not toys and I'm sure that at your age you're very much aware of that".

He lifted his hand to run his fingers through her hair.

"Why do you have so many guns anyways"?

Capri felt him stiffen underneath her before relaxing quickly. "Business". He answered curtly.

From his tone Capri knew not to continue with the topic.

"Why did you want to see me"?

She played with the rings on his fingers, noticing how they had a similar design to Colombo's rings.

"I still don't understand why I live with you". She whispered in a confused tone.

"What do you mean, do you not like my company"? He joked, evoking a small giggle from Capri who shook her head.

"No I'm just confused because I still have my grandma and now she's alone and it made more sense to continue living with her then coming here with you, someone I never knew until my father's death".

Mateo nodded at her words, understanding what she meant.

It was a hard question, one he couldn't give her the answer to, not yet at least.

"It was about safety Capri, if you were to find yourself in a dangerous situation your grandma wouldn't have been able to protect you".

This confused Capri even more.

"Well who would want to harm me, I'm just your average seventeen year old girl". She shrugged as she looked over at Mateo's face with a confused expression.

"You never know Capri, plus you're not average, there's nothing average about you". He looked into her green eyes as he went in for a kiss on the cheek, unaware of Capris's change of plans.

She quickly moved her face and connected her lips with his, causing him to still in place.

"Capri".

His voice sounded ice cold and Capri couldn't help but look away, now afraid of what he might say.

"I'm sorry Mateo, it was a nice moment and I just wanted a small kiss, I didn't mean to make you feel weird". She spoke quickly, trying to make the negative aura in the room die down, it didn't work.

"That was completely inappropriate, kisses on the lips are completely forbidden in this house".

He removed his hold from her.

Capri suddenly felt cold.

"But I just wanted to show you my appreciation for taking me in, you weren't obligated to do it and you did and I just wanted to thank you, I'm sorry". She squeaked, her eyes once again forming tears that she did her best to blink away.

Mateo lifted her chin to get a look at her face, noticing how red she looked from embarrassment, he once again sighed to himself.

"I'm sorry Capri, I was just caught off guard, I'm not mad". He reassured her, this causing a smile to appear on her face.

"Does that mean I can do it again"?

"Uh well no that's no-

She went in for another kiss, this time lingering a few seconds as her arms wrapped around his neck.

Her lips removed from his as she guided them all over his face while giggling, he followed along with his own laugh.

"Okay okay, I guess a peck wouldn't hurt every now and then". He softly said, once again sighing to himself.

"Can we take stroll"? She asked as she looked up at him, her arms still wrapped around his neck.

"Papá always took me on a stroll on Saturday's". She grinned.

Mateo looked at his wrist watch briefly, checking to see the time.

"I don't have anything else for the next hour or so, we can take a stroll".

He picked her up bridal style, earning a heartedly laugh from Capri.

She was feeling much better.