He jumped and hid the paper from me. "Nothing. Fuck off."

"Come on pleaseeeee?" I asked.

"No! It's nothing!"

"It's a drawing of him and his parents." Neil told me.

"Neil what the fuck dude?!"

"Aww, max. There's nothing to be embarrassed of. Can I see?"

He handed me the drawing. "Yea what ever you already know what it is."

It was a drawing of him and his parents. He was in the middle with his parents on his sides. There was a corner sun and a green line for grass. They had box like body's and line hands. Max and swirly black hair, his dad had strait short hair, and the mom had long curly hair. Max was wearing his signature hoodie, his dad wearing a suit and his mom wearing jeans and a grey shirt.

It was beautiful.

"Max! This looks awesome! You've really outdone yourself!" I praised.

"Yea Yea whatever."

"Are you gonna give it to them?" I asked.

"What?"

"Your parents will you mail it to them?" I asked.

He perked up, "that idea... actually isn't shit But," he paused.

"You have no idea how to send a letter do you."

"Nope."

I looked at him a little wired out, "what. I'm a 10 year old in 2021. What did you expect?" He asked.

I shrugged, "alright, write a letter back to them with the drawing inside, and when your done come get me and we'll get it ready and ship it to the post office."

Max nodded but couldn't hide his smile.

I looked at the rain, and smiled. People always say how they hate thunderstorms and rain and just bad weather but I never understood why. I mean when it rains,The worlds quiet. The only thing you hear is the potter patter of rain drops And sometimes the roaring of drums and a pretty light show before. Even if the clouds are grey, that doesn't mean your world has to be grey too. Because in the end.. when your surrounded by grey and cold for so long, When you finally see color and warmth. You cherish it, even if it's just for a second.

"How's everything going y/n?" David asked blocking my view of the window.

"Good actually, max is happy for once and is actually participating. Honestly today couldn't get better." I responded.

"So you'd say it's not chaotic? Like it could be done by the job of on councilor?" He asked

"Uh, yea.?" I asked confused.

He smiled warmly, "great!" He grabbed my hand, "We'll be back!" He called to Gwen who gave him a thumbs up and a wink.

We walked out the mess hall. Everything was drenched in water besides the little porch roof above us. Little waterfalls were dropping from the roof, and the water reflected the light from all the lights coming from cabins and campers tents.

The rain poured to a steady beat and you could smell the fresh sent of pine,growth,
And life.

He brung out his phone and a blush crossed his cheeks, "so um, rember that song we listened to in the car?" He asked,

"Of course I do, why?" I asked.

"Well... I kinda... made a playlist around it." He mumbled the next part. "And you.."

A huge smile went across my face, "aww. Sunshine seriously... that's so sweet." I said in awe, honestly I was about to cry at how adorable that was., "but why tell me it.? And I love spending time with you alone but what are we doing out here anyway?" I asked.

"Well... can wait for the storm to pass...he pressed huddle on the playlist and the song sweater weather by the neighborhood came on,
"Or you can dance in the rain," he raid stepping out into the rain putting his phone in his poket and reaching out his hand.
He smiled sheepishly, "may I have this dance?" He asked.

Okay. Now I was crying.

I nodded and ok his hand. He spun me around in the rain as soon as I stepped off the porch catching me. "Whoa.." I said in awe and our faces were supper close.

"What can I say? I'm a helpless romantic." He shrugged

He brought be back up onto my feet and placed one hand on my waist and his other on my hand, " more romantic and less helpless." I said matter a factly.

"I felt like you needed this," he admitted.

I smiled softly, "thank you.."

"Your very welcome,my love." He smiled back.

We danced and danced to the song, he would twirl me and try his best to dance solo-A for effort- and vise versa.

When we got to the longer part of the song (2:23) I escaped from his grasped and twirled around tilting my head up enjoying the droplets of water falling on my face and down my clothes, reaching my arms out I smelled the fresh air, when I stopped spinning I felt david grab my hand and pull me closer to him.

I didn't even need to know what to do next.
I pressed my hand against his chest and leaned in to kiss him. His arms supporting my back. We both closed our eyes and just was there.. he pulled me up and closer to him. He spun me around and I didn't realize it but, he had moved us to the side of the mess hall where no one could see us.

I placed my hands on his face when he held my waist,
"Thank you for this, really.." I said warmly.

"It's what I do.."

We looked into each other's eyes when he leaned in closer and I did too.
I'm not sure why but this time was different, there was more. But less at the same time. David grabbed my pant loops and pulled me closer so we were pressed enganst each other. I placed my arms over his shoulder. I felt him smile under his kiss.

We kissed and kissed and kissed. Moving to the Rhythm of the rain drops. I felt him stick his tongue out and I let him in.  Our tongue  battled and our heads moved accordingly till he had to part for air.

He smiled and gazed into my eyes and would glance down at my lips, "whoa..."

Blush was covered both us as we were soaked head to toe our clothes sticking to our skin.

I giggled, "whoa in deed..." he looked back down at each other's lips and leaned in.

"Y/N DAVID! THEY TIED UP QUARTER MASTER AGAIN!!"she called out.

David chuckled, "again.? How does he not learn or does he let them do this?"

"Do not wash questions you don't want the answers to." I said in a QM impression.

He laughed, "we should go help I suppose."

I grabbed his hand to keep him back,

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

I pulled him into a hug he was surprised but returned and melted into it.

"I love you..." I vowed.

"I love you so much more.." he promised.

I broke the hug and kissed him on the lips quickly, "we should go help them before anyone dies, I said about to walk off turning back to him, "and don't worry we'll finish that later." I playfully winked.

He walked with me to the mess hall up with his hand around my waist, "I'm counting on it." He said in his normal enthusiastic happy tone.

This is my color and warmth.