A muffled cry came out as he rolled around in his bed, his hands still covering his face. Despite his attempts at hiding it, the red blush had seemingly crept down to the tips of his finger. "What am I even thinking?!" he cried to himself, his voice becoming more frantic.

"Izuku?" his mother called out from behind the door. He hadn't even heard the knocking. "Is everything alright in there? I heard some noises."

"A-Ah! Y-Yes! I'm fine!" he rushed out. He scurried out of his bed, beating it back down as quickly as he could. The bag that had been on his shoulder previously was sprawled out on the ground, the content rolling out slightly. He hurriedly started to shove them back inside his bag.

"Alright," his mother let out. "Just so you know, your friends are already outside waiting for you. I invited them inside but they said they were in a hurry."

"Oh," he let out dumbly, slowing down a bit when she had said that. "T-Thanks for telling me! I'll be down in a little bit-"

Friends?

The boy's face contorted into confusion as he left his room, making sure nothing would fall out again. He left the room, heading straight towards the front door in bewilderment, wondering why his mother had phrased her words like that. He was pretty sure Masami was the only person he was meeting today and that it wouldn't be for another few hours (he had checked the time several times while getting ready). So the fact his mother had said it that way meant that there was more than one person outside. Either Masami had gone and invited someone else without telling him or he was seriously growing more delusional.

He hesitated once he reached the door, his hand hovering over the handle. He just couldn't ignore it, could he? His mother already greeted them and even invited them inside, meaning they already knew he was there and he couldn't just ignore it. But there was also the possibility it was just Masami and he wouldn't want to keep her waiting. What if she needed something from him? It might have been something important since she didn't send him a text or anything.

Taking a small breath, he opened the door slowly.

"Fine morning, isn't it?"

"Monoma-kun?" Midoriya squeaked out, his eyes growing wide at the sight of the smiling blond. He stared agape at the male, barely having any time to react as familiar pink hair popped in from behind and waved eagerly. "B-But um, why are you here?" he began before shaking his head, his brows narrowing a bit. "No, wait, how did you find out where I was living? Did Masami-chan tell you?"

"He's already skeptical and it hasn't even been a minute!" Hatsume declared, causing the green-haired boy to lose his decisive look. The boy released his hand from the door, waving it around uselessly as the girl began to laugh at his animated movement.

"T-That's not it at all! I'm uh, glad to see you two!" he sputtered. "It's just um, I wasn't expecting you guys to show up today! A-And I've never really told either of you where I was living so I was just sort of wondering how you both found me. Or um, why you both are here to begin with...Not that I'm not thankful of course!"

"He's deflecting," Monoma commented under his breath, causing the other male to grow even more flustered. But before Midoriya could defend himself, the blond had securely captured the greenette's arm in his own, a closed eye smile on his face. "We need to talk."

"What? Now?" Midoriya pushed his feet into the ground in an attempt to stop himself from being pulled along but eventually found himself giving in, stumbling to catch up. Hatsume yelled out her thanks to his mother before promptly following long, scooting herself beside Midoriya. "Can't it wait until tomorrow? Or just later? I'm sort of busy today..." His voice trailed off near the end, a glint seeming to grow in the girl's eyes.