Darkness

**********

A picture of Death

**********

"How was lunch  Mr. Callister?" I asked him while wiping the food on my mouth.

"Oh! The food was great!" said Mr. Callister with a happy look on his face. But that soon all stopped when he folded his hands and asked me:

"Its about time I ask you this, how would you like our company and your company to merge as one? Imagine all the money we an-"

I interrupted him to stop and said"Before we start with our businesses, should we first transfer to the entertainment room? That way we could discuss properly with our concerns."

"o-oh yes yes absolutely." He replied.

"This was please." Said Death while leading Mr. Callister to the entertainment room.

"As I was saying Mr. Chandelier, imagine if we merge our company into one, there would be tons of money in our hands. Isn't it magnificent?" He said with the look of greed in his eyes.

"Hmm, forgive me Mr. Callister, but would you like to play a little game with me?" I asked with an amusing lookon my face.

"A game?" He asked, sweats forming in his forehead.

"Yes a game. If you win, I will gladly join your company. But if you lose, terrible consequences awaits you. So, do we have a deal?"

There was a little paused then he began to open his mouth and said:

"Very well, I supose I will, If that is your way of agreeing to my terms." He said

"Who said anything about agreeing? Death!" I signaled Death and prepared the room. Then he placed a chess board in the center.

**************

Mr. Callister POV

*************

"You plan on beating me with a simple game such as chess?" I said with a big mocking smile.

"Well sorry to say this but, I do." Said Mr. Chandelier while giving me a sign to sit down.

"Well Mr. Chandelier, I have to say I wont be going easy on you. You see, I have won 25 years straight in playing chess and no one has ever beaten me yet." I said to shake off his confidence.

"Okay." He replied.

I was a bit annoyed by his response, but I won't let such a child waver my fightitng spirit.

"The rules are simple, whoever eats or checkmates the king wins the game. But, since this "toy" came from my company, I changed the rules a bit."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked feeling a bit confused.

"You understand what I just said, I changed the rules a bit." He replied with an amusing tone.

"Each player has 100 points. The first person to loose those points loses the game. With or without taking your opponents king."

"Oh? Is that so?" I asked with a shaky time.

"Yes Mr. Callister. And each chess piece has some points that can take away your points. The pawn causes you 3 points, the knight 5, bishop 4, rook 6, queen 10, and the king.................. all points."

"Oh? Now this is interesting. So well then, who should go first? I asked."

"You should Mr. Callister" He said.

"okay" I replied.

************

Keisnan's POV