Chapter 4 - Icicle Valley

Start from the beginning

"Now those couldn't have been me!" I pointed out. "Why would I take something from my friends?"

Alex Kidd just wouldn't give up. "How do we know you're telling the truth? You could have easily used your speed to steal them!" He continued to push.

"Again, I would never take anything from my friends! Especially the ones who would kill me if I took something from them!" I defended. "It's gotta be Eggman! Who else would steal something like the Master Emerald?"

Eggman was playing innocent. "I've been here the whole time!"

"It could have been one of your badniks!"

"Don't deny it, Sonic!" Alex shouted. "You did it!"

"Guys!" Tails shouted.

"Can't we just-" Billy started.

"ENOUGH!" NiGHTS exclaimed. Everyone bit their lip. The snowy tundra was silent. "I don't know where your possessions are but pointing fingers won't help." He turned to Amy and Knuckles. "You two, go with Beat and see if you can find your stuff."

"You got it! Come on Knuckles!" Amy exclaimed as she dragged the echidna with her.

"I swear! Once I find out which one of you stole the Master Emerald, I will get you!" Knuckles could definitely back up that threat. Even if anyone (like Rouge) touched the Master Emerald, he would go biszerk. I swore I saw Rouge go wide-eyed at his statement. Maybe she stole it? Nah. She would have left the stands and run off with it.

NiGHTS went back to the rest of us. "To the twelve of you remaining, get back to the track. We'll figure this out after the race." Everyone did as they were told.

So, Amigo also saw something blue? There is someone else who could have done this but I would need proof to back it up. Maybe I could search around the stands after this race and see what I can find?

NiGHTS stood right in front of us, still holding that checkered flag. "Welcome everyone to the third track in this Grand Prix race! Our racers will be traveling through Icicle Valley in Blizzard Castle. Watch out for eggs! They may have cute creatures in them, but they will still do a number on your car." NiGHTS flew around and thought for a bit before adding, "If you haven't used your All-Star yet, you still have a chance to use it now." He flew right in front of us. "On your mark! Get set! GO!!!" He waved the flag and the race was on.

I took off in a burst of speed, leaving the competition behind. This was when I realized that even though I can hit badniks, eggs do a whole lot more damage. I swerved in and out of two but smashed right into the third one. By the time I re-steadied my car, three people had passed me. I pushed my foot on the gas and took off again.

The track was pretty windy, and snowy. I mean it was freezing! How did I think not having a roof and heat would get me through this race? Then again, that was when I thought we would be racing at Seaside Hill the whole time.

About halfway through the first lap, Mobo and Robo (you know, those two Bonanza Bros. who rob people blind?) started throwing explosives out of their blimp. How did I know this? Because there were explosives being thrown out of a giant blimp behind me.

The track was being torn up and snow flew everywhere. I could tell I would be hit if I didn't move from my fourth place position. I switched gears and stomped hard on my accelerator. I went from fourth to third in a matter of seconds, passing Eggman who was hitting the back of his Egg Monster. He was muttering something although I couldn't make out what. It was surprising that his vehicle was able to drive on his own though. Wait a minute, he had autopilot on. I could see the steering wheel moving on its own. That was only supposed to be used during an All-Star. I shook my head as I passed him and headed to the pit stop to change my wheels. I would call him out for that at some point.