"She's changed." Irina spat out before Jane could torture her. "This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations were false." Caius's face fell slightly.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." She whispered that last part towards the Olympic coven.

Three guards fell forward as Caius lit a torch.

"Caius no!" Edward screamed as he read the blonde vampire king's thoughts. In no more than five seconds Irina's arms and head were torn off and she was nothing more than a burning corpse.

"Irina!" Tanya's gargled scream filled the chasm as her and Kate ran forward, ready to avenge their sister. They were both held back, Tanya was much easier to restrain but Kate on the other hand incapacitated anyone who touched her except Garrett. He held onto her for dear life even as his body convulsed with shock. He wouldn't give up on the mate he had just found so even as she physically assaulted him with her electricity he held on still.

"Blind them." Edward said towards Zafrina as Tanya and Kate's eyes went empty, their vision filled with darkness.

"Give me my sight back." Tanya hissed as she stopped struggling.

"This is what they want." Edward whispered "If you attack now we'll all die."

Kate visibly sunk back into Garrett's arms and the death of her sister consumed her and the anger dissipated.

After the Denali girls had failed in their attempted assault the Volturi had to go to more extremes. Jane looked around as she found a target. Edward dropped to his knees in a fit of pain. Bella was quick to respond putting the skill she had practiced to use.

Across the field Jane watched in confusion as Edward stood up. So she focused her gift elsewhere first to Carlisle, then the Amazonians, then Emmett, then the wolves. All of her efforts were futile against Bella's mind shield. She made eye contact with the newborn at the center of everything, then Bella, smug as ever sent her a grin. Anger flooded her veins as she stepped forward, though whatever she was planning to do was blocked by her brother who sneered at the opposing side. His black vapor began creeping out of his hands, but was quickly put to a stop as Aro gestured for it to.

Carlisle sighed at the obvious attempts to trigger an attack and faced his old friend once again. "Aro you see there is no law broken here."

"Agreed." Aro could admit to that much. "But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us." He glanced back to face the child making it clear that she was the danger he was referring to.

"Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times only the note is safe only the known is tolerable and we know nothing about this child will become." He continued with his theatrical speech. " can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today only to die tomorrow."

Whispered "no's" and shaking of heads were seen and heard throughout the Volturi guard.

The Olympic coven had all but given up when the presence of two other vampires were made known.

"Alice." Edward muttered

"Alice." Aro breathout.

Aurora recognized the two vampires, one was the tiny clairvoyant that had predicted the coming of the Volturi in the grassy clearing just this past spring. The one who walked beside her, with straight seemingly damp hair was the confederate soldier. The one who had kept her at arms reach the entire time. He had wavy hair last time she saw him but she was sure he was the same man.

"I have evidence the child won't be a threat to our kind." Alice said as she reached her hand out. "Let me show you."

Aro, forever eager to see what Alice had seen waved her forward and grasped her hand tightly in between both of his. For what felt like an eternity both Aro and Edward watched the moving picture in Alice's mind. Their expressions were kept under wraps and no one could figure out what they were seeing. Then with a small gasp Aro released Alice's hand and looked at Carlisle's coven and their allies; how such a small group of seemingly innocent vampires and wolves was able to take down the largest, most dangerous coven was petrifying.

"Now you know." Alice sneered, a tone of voice seldom ever heard from the bubbly vampire. "That's your future. Unless you decide on another course."

"We cannot alter our course the child still poses a grave threat." Caius said hurriedly towards his brother.

"What if you could be sure she could remain concealed form the human world?" Edward spoke up, hearing Alice's thoughts. "Could we leave in peace?"

"Of course but that cannot be known." Caius sneered

"Actually it can." Edwards smiled towards his favorite sister as two people walked out into the clearing.

They wore beads around their necks and waist, they were especially tan for vampires as they walked with a grace only a vampire could. The man wore a short skirt adn nothign else while the woman wore a long brown dress with a slit in the front. They stopped in front of Alice, allowing the psychic to stand between them and the Volturi.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own." Alice began "Among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil."

"We have enough witnesses." Caius's patience ran thin for the entire situation.

"Let him speak brother." Aro said suddenly interested in the two vampires.

"I am half human, half vampire. Like the child." The man paused "A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me, my aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

"How old are you?" Bella blurted out, desperate to know if she would have forever with her child or if Renessmee would die by the time she was fifteen.

"One hundred and fifty years." The man turned to face the newborn who smiled up at her husband and child who sat perched on Jacob's back.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked the hybrid.

"I became full grown, seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then." He answered.

"And your diet?" Aro continued his tream of questions

"Blood. Human food. I can survive on either." He said

"These children." Marcus marveled "Are much like us."

"Regardless. The Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies." Caius was grasping at straws, looking for any reason to serve justice.

Aro sighed in slight disscontempt. If he continued on his previous course he and his coven would fall, and now he had a justified reason to let them go.

"Dear ones. There is no danger here. We will not fight today." his voice was firm and final.

Caius was the first to sneer at that decision and ran quickly away, the rest of the guard following.

Demetri however, ran forward.