Chapter 5: The Vocaloid

Previously on Vocaloid: Missing Memories

After Miku found a mysterious figure raiding the fridge in the flat she was staying in she was introduced to a new friend, MEIKO. Suddenly Miku was captured and dragged along with the person she had just met. They ended up at a recording studio where Meiko worked to see Len and Kaito speaking to a new face. Shocked they stared at Miku and Meiko who burst through the door.

"I think she should give it a try" The new male person looked overjoyed as he stepped towards me. He reached his hand out and pulled me into a small recording room. "Just wait here and we will be with you in a second"

Wait what was going on? It was still a blur in my head, everything happened too quickly. One minute I am at the flat and now I am in what they call a recording studio. "Um....what is going on?" I questioned but he had already left the room by this point. "Etto, Len are you there?"

BOOM

"Testing testing, Miku-chan can you hear us" Len's voice echoed around the room, I kept turning but I couldn't see him.

"LEN! WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted so loud that I hurt my own ears, the ringing was there but I could still make out a slight tapping noise.

"Miku-chan, don't worry this is just a recording place...go up to the microphone and sing" He made it sound so simple and easy but what....microphone. A small metal pole came out of the floor, is that it? So this is a microphone, I tapped it and a loud noise filled the room.

"Sing, sing what, into this" I mumbled, I froze in my current position. It was just the microphone and me, wait what is this. A fuzzy image began to form in my mind. A song, one that means a lot to me, my song. I got lost in the moment and started to sing a song. A long I sang long ago, 'Hoshi no Kakera'.

Minamo ni yureru komorebi no naka

zutto kangaete ita no

Setsunai kimochi afurete

itooshisa ga michiru.

Hoho o naderu yawarakana kaze ga

sotto yorisotte kureru

Omoi o tsugeru yuuki o atsume

sora o miagete kotoba o tsumuide.

Akaneiro shita kumo no kyanbasu

efude de egaky hikari no kiseki

kokori ni himeta omoi o nosete

tsutaete hoshii anata e no messeeji.

Niji no kakehashi kibou no michi o

narande aruku yume o mite ita.

Sora ni kagayaku hoshi no kakera

atsumete tsukuru hikari no yubiwa

towa no yakusoku negai o komete

uketomete hoshii anata e no kimochi o

Kono omoi o...

Kono omoi o...

As the moment fades into a memory I lift my head, I twist around to see if anyone entered the room while I was stuck in my singing fantasy but by the looks of it no-one entered. The door clicked open and I ran towards it, swinging the door open I see Len staring into nothing, speechless. Shaking him, over and over again until I got his attention.

"Miku-chan, that was beautiful" He smiled, I felt a warm feeling building up inside. Joy.

"Thank you Len" I grinned back, knowing that I look slightly stupid...so what now,was that it?

Len guided me towards the producer who was talking to Kaito about something (Meiko had passed out already from drinking too much, it was only 10.00 am how is that possible, well better not think about it too hard).

"Miku,I want you to lead a new race of idols" The producer reached his hand out. "It will be a group of virtual idols, a new era of music"

Len nudged my back, pushing me to take the producers hand. I slowly extend my hand and let out a small "Yes"

"You will be the idol that started the journey, Hatsune Miku" He explained "From today you will be the leader of the Vocaloids"

WHAT?! I have only just gotten here and he came out with that. "Len, I can't, it's too soon"

"Miku-chan, I want you to lead us to success, so far we haven't been too popular,please" He said, he appeared worried, I didn't want to see him like that.

"Sure I will take it, the job offer"

Author's note: Song lyrics can be found at animelyrics.com