Chapter Two

***Our World***

Amelia turned back to face Demetri with two cups of coffee and placed one down in front of him "Here, I made you one too. Sugar's there if you want it" She pointed to the sugar canister "I don't drink coffee" "I can make you a tea instead" She offered "I don't drink tea either" He replied with a small smile "Ok then, the only other drinks I can offer is water or juice" "I'm ok, thank you Amelia" She nodded and watched as he picked up the cup of coffee and sniffed, his nose wrinkling a little at the smell. He took a small sip letting his venom dissolve the hot liquid on the way down.

Amelia and Demetri sat at the kitchen counter drinking their coffees before she broke the silence "I have an idea, how about we watch one of the films and you can see what I mean about you being a character in them" She suggested, her voice low and she watched for his reaction, he thought for a moment before replying "Ok, seeing as you're so sure that I'm just a character in these books and movies." She nodded and made her way to the front room, he followed behind her. 'this should be interesting' she thought to herself.

"Did you want to start with the first film or skip ahead to film two, when you and your family appear" She asked "If you want to show me the films, I suggest we watch them all. It'll be interesting to see how that Cullen kid met his human" He replied "Oh, of course, you only know what he told you and the Kings when he arrived at the castle" She laughed "Don't laugh at me" He warned "I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at Edward and his...antics. You'll understand once you've seen the next movie" She responded once she finished laughing.

Amelia put the Blu-ray disc in the player and got comfortable on the sofa, Demetri sat on the other end "I will say the books have more content than the films, as they tend to cut stuff out" "Why would they do that?" He asked "Well, sometimes not all of the content in the book can be transferred onto the screen so they cut chunks out that they don't think work or feel don't add anything to the story in a visual way" She replied and he nodded.

Demetri asked questions throughout the film, not that Amelia minded as he seemed genuinely confused about what he was watching. "Things seem a little off with the Cullens, why?" He asked "This series is told from Bella's point of view, so if she didn't witness it, or wasn't aware of it you don't find out about it, unless another character tells her about it" She replied and Demetri nodded and continued to watch the film. "So she figured it on her own from after they 'shared' a few moments together?" "Yes, she knew something was off with him and between the online search and the book she bought, she started to piece things together and he confirmed it" She replied. 'dumbass Cullen' he thought as he continued to watch the film. "They really drove across the country to save her from that tracker James?" "Yes, they did and the events that follow are...interesting" She replied "You know James isn't a great tracker, right?" "Yes, I do because it's well known in the series that Demetri is the World's Best Tracker" "That's me by the way" He told her, arms crossed over his chest and a smug smile on his lips and she just looked at him not sure what to say.

"Do you know anything else about me?" He was curious as to how much she knew about him and his world and she turned in her spot on the sofa to face him. "I know you were born in Ancient Greece and that Amun turned you over a thousand years ago and that you spent your first few years as a vampire in Egypt with him and Kebi, honing your gift. Aro had heard about you and your gift and made a trip to see you and offered you a place with the Guard. You accepted and have been there ever since" His mouth dropped open "H-how?" "Like I said you're a fictional character or at least that's how I know about you." He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "I know other stuff about vampires and...Demetri" "Go on" He voice sounded strained "As the books state vampires can eat human food but that it doesn't taste very pleasant and you have to throw it up later" He nodded and she continued "Vegetarian vampires have gold/amber eyes where as non-vegetarians have red eyes but all vampire's eyes darken with hunger no matter which diet you partake in. Lastly, vampires sparkle in sunlight." He looked at her with a slightly shocked expression on his face and couldn't help thinking that Caius may want his head as she knows so much about them.