007. HEY GREENIE

' WIRES

' WIRES. '
CHAPTER 007.
HEY GREENIE.

THE VAN ARRIVED almost an hour later, drawing Neve's attention away from her conversation with Declan.

"Get out!" A man yelled, opening the back of one of the vans to reveal a girl and a boy, both looking to be the same age as Neve. The boy had dark hair and dirty fair skin. The girl had brown hair, cut just above her shoulders, and round brown eyes. Neve stood up then, wanting to get a closer look. The two people said nothing, only looking at each other before stepping out of the vehicle. The gang's members were forming a circle around them, keeping them closed in.

Another van pulled in, screeching to a stop beside the other. It was shaking from side to side and yells could be heard through the metal of the vehicle walls. Just then, the back door burst open and a man in a mask fell hard on the ground. A middle aged Hispanic man jumped out, pinning him to the ground and raising his fist.

"Where is she you son of a bitch?" he shouted, punching the masked man in the jaw.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" The girl from earlier rushed forward as did the boy. The both put their hands out, trying to stop him from getting another blow in but he seemed to be too angry to care.

"I'm right here! I'm right here!" the girl repeated, grabbing his shoulder. Several masked men pushed the people who seemed to have been kidnapped against the vehicle walls, raising their guns. After one more punch the man who had been pummelling the masked man looked up, relief taking over his features as he saw the girl.

"Everybody relax. We're all on the same side here." Neve didn't need to see his face to know that it was Gally speaking. Gally stepped to the front of the group as the rest of the people turned to look at him.

The dark haired boy pushed a masked person off of him, stepping forward. "What do you mean same side? Who the hell are you?" he demanded.

Gally paused, face tilted in the direction of the boy. The people who had come out of the vans were eyeing him skeptically, an edge of fear on each of their expressions. Then Gally brought his hand to the base of his mask, pulling it slowly up his face. Neve stood still, watching carefully as he turned to face the group.

"Hey, Greenie," Gally said. A look of recognition dawned on the dark haired boy's face. It wasn't only recognition though; it was also a second of shock, a flicker of confusion, both of which were quickly replaced by searing resentment.

"Gally?" the boy breathed.

"No way," a stocky boy with dark skin, short hair, and a gentle face commented from behind. Neve noticed Gally take in a sharp breath, not wavering his gaze from the people in front of him.

In a quick movement the dark haired boy lunged forwards, punching Gally hard in the jaw. The impact caused Gally to fall backwards. The boy jumped on top of Gally, holding him down, raising his fist to get in another blow. His nostrils flared slightly and his eyes were burning.