Chapter 9: Coming Back to You

Start from the beginning

Y/N's POV

Everyone looked at us.

"Y/N!" Klaus yelled as he walked over and hugged me.

"Hi, Klausy," I said hugging him back.

"I missed her too, but there are more important things to discuss," Five said.

Klaus let go of me and kissed my head.

"The apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save the world is, well, us," Five said.

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther said.

"Yeah, but with Y/N and me, obviously," Five said.

"Me? You want me to help?" I asked.

"Of course," Five smiled at me.

I smiled back.

He turns to our siblings, "So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if dad messed us up? Are we going to let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead. I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

He held up a folded piece of paper. Allison took it from him and looked at it.

"This is who we have to stop," Five said.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison asked.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked.

"I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So, we have to find him. And we have to do it now," Five said.

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know," Five said.

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked.

"That's enough," I said.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city," Diego pointed out.

"Well, we just better start looking, then," Five said.

"I'm sorry, am I the only one skeptical here?" Allison asked, "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks that attacked the house?" Five asked.

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus said before sitting down on the bench.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," Diego said.

"They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth," Five explained.

"The Temps what?" Allison asked.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens," Five said, "and they believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So, I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. "Protect Harold Jenkins." So, he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

They all stared at him for a minute before they all started talking at once.

"What do you mean protect time and space?" Allison asked, "Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?"

"You know what else is insane? Y/N and I look like sixteen-year-old kids, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been," Five said.

"He's got a point," Klaus mumbled.

I nodded in agreement.

"We didn't choose this life; we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway," Five said.

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" Allison asked.

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible," Five said, "Guys we actually have the chance to save the lives of billions of people. Including Claire."

Allison looked up, "You know her name?"

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her," Five said.

"Me too," I smiled.

"All right. Let's go get this bastard," Allison said heading towards the door.

"You had me at Gerald Jenkins," Diego said.

"Harold Jenkins," I corrected him.

"Whatever, I've already lost two people this week and I thought we almost lost Y/N. I'm not losing anyone else," Diego walked over and pulled me into a side hug.

"And Luther?" Five asked.

"Yeah, you go. I'm gonna stay and go through Dad's files," Luther said, "I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon."

"Seriously? Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and dad?" Diego asked.

"Watch for threats. That's what he told me," Luther said, "You think that's a coincidence? This is all connected somehow."

"No, we should stick together," Allison told him.

"We don't have time for this," Five said.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me," Diego said,

"Yeah. I-I'm good," Klaus stood up holding his stomach, "I think I'll uh I think I'll pass, I'm... feeling a little under the weather, so, uh..."

He walked out and we all looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well, let's go," Diego said to Allison, Five, and me.

He led us out to the car and drove us to the police station.