Chapter 9: Coming Back to You

Start from the beginning

"We don't even know when he's coming back..." Luther said.

"Or if..." Diego said.

They all sat in silence for a few minutes before Luther spoke up, "There's one more thing, but Vanya it's more of an Umbrella Academy thing. So..."

"I get it," she said standing up, "Thanks for letting me know about Five and Y/N."

"Of course," Luther said giving her a sad smile.

She and Leonard walked out leaving them alone.

"So, what is it?" Diego asked.

Luther told them about the apocalypse and how they have to stop it together. But none of them wanted to except for Luther.

***

Five's POV

I looked around the corner to see a woman named Dot running to the tube room. I need to see that message. I know it has something to do with the apocalypse since she interrupted the Handler and me at lunch. Not that I cared.

I spatial jumped into the room and hid behind some of the tubes. I listened in on her conversation with the tube operator, Gloria.

"Gloria, the Handler knows that Five is up to something," Dot said, "Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately."

Shit.

"Immediately," Dot repeated.

"Okay, yeah," Gloria said.

I spatial jumped over to the desk and grabbed the stapler. I knocked Gloria out a took the canister.

Now to read that message.

I walked over to her desk and took the message out.

Reassignment: Protect Harold Jenkins

This is it. This Harold Jenkins causes the apocalypse!

I folded the paper up and put it in my pocket.

I grabbed a new piece of paper and put it in the typewriter.

To Cha-Cha

Terminate Hazel for immediate extraction.

I pulled the paper out and put another one in.

To Hazel

Terminate Cha-Cha for immediate extraction.

I rolled up both the messages and put them into separate canisters.

This will keep them busy for a while.

I sent the messages through the tubes.

"You know that's not how we do things here."

I turned to see the Handler.

I smirked at her.

"Where's Gloria?" she asked.

"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere," I shrugged.

Gloria groans and the handler turns to see her on the ground.

"You're a great disappointment to me. You can't change what's to come, Five. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy," she said, "You're a first-rate pragmatist. You belong here with us."

"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you. You made me a killer," I said.

"You were always a killer," she said unzipping her dress and pulling out a gun, "I just pointed you in a direction."