𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦

[chapter title: happiness]
[word count: 2.8k]

»»————- ♡ ————-««

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Life sucks.

High school wasn't at all what you expected it to be but you graduated regardless of how unpleasant the experience was.

After that, you got rejected by the top notch university you had your heart set on, so you spent your days working instead. Originally, you had a job in a restaurant, which you chose to leave due to issues with coworkers–they were immature bitches. Eventually you settled on working as a cashier which was a decent job, sure, but wasn't exactly the most fulfilling for you.

Your dreams lied elsewhere.

Yet, all those dreams felt so out of reach.

You were still young, but felt that you wasted all of your hope on high school years that lived up to none of your expectations. Seriously, who decided to lie and tell kids that high school's the best years of their life? At least, you hoped it was a lie... those better not have been the best years of your life.

All of the songs about being young and in love had deceived to you in more ways than you could imagine. All the movies about friendship and having fun just felt like a slap in the face.

Every week was essentially the same: Work, home, watch shows, and repeat.

It remained that way until you saw a post on the internet, one that would change your life. You were skeptical, and reasonably so–the rumor sounded like it was completely made up, but it went like this:

"Find a green candle, rotten wood from a cherry tree, frogs legs, a withered sunflower and mushrooms from a certain haunted forest. From there, bury the items and clear the area above making a clear circle of where you dug. For three consecutive nights, have the items buried and spend a minimum of thirty minutes praying that your wish will come true. On the fourth day, go back to the circle and if the items are gone, your wish has been approved of and pends execution. That night, go to sleep thinking only of your wish, and the rest will be taken care of."

You weren't well versed in any kind of magic, and to your knowledge it simply didn't exist. Nonetheless, it piqued your interest and made something in your head whisper hopefully. It could be your chance to get something good for once.

One simple wish.

You brushed it off, not wanting to waste your time just to end up disappointed. The following days were filled with your regular depressing routine, but you kept coming back to that hope and imagining what kind of wish you would make.
Could you really wish for anything? Would it be worth it to follow all those instructions? If the post you saw was just some bad joke, it would be such a disappointing waste of time.