Dreams and Aspirations

[2/15]
  » There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.

Congratulations, [Name]! You're eight weeks pregnant!

"[Name]? Are you okay?" Rin looked at [Name] worriedly as they were leaving the doctors. She had been silent ever since they had been given the news, and her silence unnerved the redhead. Biting his bottom lip, Rin carefully put a hand on [Name]'s thigh, squeezing it reassuringly as he steered the car with his free hand. "Hey."

A pale [Name] looked up at her boyfriend with wide, strained eyes, her sclerae burning red as tears of shock threatened to come gushing down like the Niagara Falls.

"Hey. It's okay," said Rin softly, patting her thigh. [Name] sniffled, and wiped her eyes with the back of her arm.

"I'm so sorry, Rin," she said suddenly, sniffling into the fabric of her sleeve. The Matsuoka was taken aback, but didn't want to leave it at that.

"For what, [Name]?" he said in a gentle voice. He wanted to assure [Name] that he would be with her every step of the way; he wanted her to know that this was their child, not just hers. He didn't want her to think that she'd have to struggle along by herself.

"I screwed up your plans of being a swimmer. I'm so sorry. And I... understand..." The female knew how much her significant other aspired to be an Olympic swimmer; and as of late, he had been so close to achieving it. But now that this news came along... she was unsure of where Rin's heart would lie.

"Ah." The redhead's mouth widened as he realised what [Name] was talking about. Sighing, he pulled the car over to the side of the road and looked over at [Name] with a weak smile.

"Hey." He gently tilted her face upwards with his slender fingers propping up her chin, and smiled at her. "You don't have to be sorry for anything. We should be happy! I mean- we've made a new human being! Aren't you excited?" Rin's words of comfort seemed to do the complete opposite as [Name] burst into tears, making him sweatdrop.

"[Name]," said Rin in a stronger voice, taking the [h/c] female's hands in his own. He gripped them tightly, and looked at her square in the eye. "Listen to me. This doesn't change anything. This baby is ours. You hear me? Ours. Not just yours, and not some other guy's, either. If you're worried about me leaving you to continue swimming, then, well, you're wrong. I'll continue, but I'll take you and the baby with me. Okay? From here on out, everything we do, we do as a family. Don't you worry about me; for now, all we want to worry about is that little kid growing in your belly, okay?" To finish his argument, Rin poked [Name] in the stomach, making her choke out a giggle.

"You're right, I guess. Sorry..."

"Stop saying sorry." Rin leaned into [Name] and placed a tender kiss on her forehead, closing his eyes. After a few moments, he retreated back to his seat, and smiled at [Name].

"If anything, I should be saying thank you," he said softly. [Name]'s heart melted; this was why she loved Rin. He was her adorable little dork.