Chapter 7: The Onset of War, Planning and A Fire Dragon from the South

Start from the beginning

     Back inside the camp, Rictiovarus and Sigmund were shocked by what they've just seen. 3/4 of their army were completely wiped out without a single enemy casualty.

Rictiovarus: [C] "H-how is this even possible? Only the legendary ancient empires should be capable of doing this... Don't tell me they've decided to return after so long?!"

Sigmund: [C] "My lord, I am afraid but that's quite absurd. If they have already returned then they would've already made themselves known."

Rictiovarus: [C] "Do you have any explanation for our defeats then, Sigmund?!"

Sigmund: [C] "..."

     Once upon a time, two mighty empires once ruled the planet of Petram, Brittia and Kêr-Is, often referred to as the Two Ancient Empires. For hundreds of years, they were bitter enemies, both fighting for complete domination over Petram. After all, two superpowers could never coexist in peace.

     According to the legends, the Two Ancient Empires fought in numerous wars against each other, so much so that neighbouring countries were often, if not always, forced to choose between the two sides. That was until the two seemingly disappeared, leaving behind "two flying ships" and several valuable relics scattered all around the world.

     However, this continent wasn't even the place where the Two Ancient Empires were located, so, realistically speaking, there would be no reason for them to appear at Tariq.

Sigmund: [C] "...When I went into Tariq, I was amazed by the level of technology inside, my lord. It was much more advanced than what we have, needless to say, it could even be comparable to those used by the Two Ancient Empires, however, guessing from the red white and blue flag they flew, they were definitely not one of the Ancient Empires, my lord."

Rictiovarus: [C] "So you're suggesting that the ones defending Tariq are an entirely different nation we've never heard of?!"

Sigmund: [C] "I am afraid, yes, my lord."

     Rictiovarus sighed out loud as he stared at the map on the table. With only 25,000 men left, the situation was hopeless as the once-mighty Southern Imperial Army was reduced to nothing but a shadow of its former self. The only choice left was to retreat once the sun rises and meet up with other Quistadorian armies along the way.

     Unfortunately for both of them and what was left of their army, however, they wouldn't live to see the sun rises, just like others before them. Just as Sigmund stepped out of the tent, he stared into the skies, only to see several round-shaped objects falling from the sky before it ejects hundreds of submunitions that, upon impact with the ground, blew up the entire camp and everyone inside, including the Duke and Sigmund to kingdom come, thus ending the Fifteenth Siege of Gibraltar that would go down in history as the shortest yet deadliest siege of Gibraltar ever with casualties in the hundreds of thousands on the Quistadorians' side.

The Quistadoria Empire's 2nd Attack Result - 100,000 dead, the Quistadoria Empire's Southern Imperial Army completely wiped out.

*               *               *               *               *

At the same time...

Cabinet Office Briefing Room, Cabinet Office, 70 Whitehall, London

     Inside the classified facilities of the COBR, the National Security Council and the Defence Council of the Franco-British Union, comprising of the Prime Minister, senior ministers from major departments, representatives of the Security Service (MI5) and the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS/MI6), senior officers of the Armed Forces, and Civil Servants, were currently in a meeting regarding the situation at Gibraltar.