第二十話

Fumiko pulled the trigger, followed by a loud bang that rang the dark and quiet streets of Yokohama. The single ammunition was fired through the back of Onnamen's head, eventually reaching its target as it successfully shattered the red crystal. At that moment, there was a sudden illumination that shrouded them. Chuuya saw this as a cue to quickly fell back whilst using his gravity manipulation to keep himself above the ground. He might not be able to see, but he knew whatever that light was did something to the mess around him, if he were to solely judge by the unusual sounds in the background. He wanted to know what was happening, but that blinding light wasn't going to let him even take a peek.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity for the lights to diminish, he opened his eyes. He was truly in for a surprise. The decimated buildings and ruins had regained their structures with no signs of cracks or broken glass. The cars and trucks that were chucked around randomly earlier, too, were placed where they originally were, looking exactly like how they were before the fight began. Every single damage had been undone. Should one pass by, they wouldn't even realise that a fight took place moments ago.

"What the hell?" questioned the orange-haired man while surveying his surroundings as he lowered himself to the ground. Did Fumiko use her telekinetic ability to revert everything back to normal? Or could it be Onnamen?

He wouldn't admit it aloud, but of all the abilities he'd witnessed till this moment, Onnamen was one of the most terrifying ones. He happened to be passing through this area, where he thought he stumbled upon a warzone. His initial thought was that a few ability users were fighting against their own abilities which resulted in this catastrophe. However, what he didn't expect was to see the young detective and her ability; and no one else. He might be in a rush to go somewhere, but had he not intervened, not only would she be killed but he could see himself having to face the wrath of his boss.

And that was certainly something he wouldn't want to do; nor was it the last thing he'd ever wanted.

It was at that moment when realisation struck him. Where's Fumiko? After looking around briefly, seeing that there's no sign of the brunette around, he snapped his head to look above. Alas, he saw her lying in the arms of Onnamen. The kimono-clad apparition no longer had the prominent red crystal embedded on its forehead, much to his relief. Their plan had luckily worked, and Fumiko was finally able to get her ability back. The masked apparition slowly drifted to the ground, approaching the mafioso who unconsciously held his arms out. As it stopped right in front of him, it gently placed Fumiko in his arms before it dissipated, after it was assured that she was now in safe hands.

Fumiko's eyes fluttered open. She'd finally awoken. She paid no heed to the man carrying her, for she was still unaware of what happened right after she destroyed the red crystal. "What..." was all she could say in a quiet voice.

"You got your ability back." explained the mafioso, seeming to know what she was going to ask.

It was when she heard his voice that she realised the situation she was currently in. She tilted her head to the side and saw Chuuya looking down at her with mild concern. "Nakahara-kun."

"Are you alright?" he gently asked. "Would you like me to put you down?"

A slow curt nod was the answer he needed. Carefully, he slightly bent his knees and lowered his arms, letting Fumiko touch the ground with her feet first. While wrapping one arm around his shoulders, she planted both feet on the ground before using him as a support to push herself upright while he kept his arms behind her. He slowly moved his hands away, worried that he wouldn't be fast enough to catch her if her knees buckled. But thankfully, minutes had passed, and the young brunette was still on her feet.