Seeps of silence, almost a never-ending one; that's all I got from him. Silence as his face fell in recognition. When he realised I knew what he was doing, and what he was planning, and that he had succeeded. His reaction told me all I needed to know.

"How do you—?"

"Come on, Draco," I huffed, shaking my head as I came to a halt before him. "You know I'm smart— I have my ways."

He only shook his head, throwing a last glance at the closed door behind him before setting off to who knew where. I followed him to find out— continued my questioning until he'd give me an answer I'd be satisfied with.

"Go on then; what's your grand plan?" I wondered, following his fast pace down the corridor. "You've been working on this for months, you must be eager to brag."

My words only coerced a dry laugh out of him, his head shaking as he continued his way down a flight of stairs. Though, I was persistent— continued asking.

"Who are you bringing?" Was one of the many questions falling from my lips, and I felt a reaction in his steps; felt them stiffen as his body tensed. "That's what you're using the cabinet for, right?" Again, no words escaped his mouth. "Or is it to escape? Is that it?"

That's when he stopped, right at the bottom of the Astronomy Tower. A groan escaped his lips, letting himself fall against the cobbled wall behind him with his head in his hands.

Dropping them back to the side of his body, he blurted out, "It's been done for a while, damn it—" cutting himself off when it was too late already.

His words took me by surprise, my brows furrowing at them in plain confusion as my lips parted slightly in the same manner. I shook my head, swallowing thickly before speaking to him again.

"So why would you—?"

"—Wait?" He quickly cut off, finishing the question I started and seemingly just as puzzled about it as I was. "I don't know, Adreanna. I have no fucking clue—" Once more, he cut himself off with a groan, his tone growing more aggravated, brows furrowing whenever he threw me a glance.

"Waited—" The words sounded foreign out of my own mouth as I repeated them in a whisper, not fully understanding the context or severity that came with them.

Voice nothing more than a croaked whisper aimed at myself, my eyes batted open to look at him, leaned against the cold stone wall mere steps away from me. His previously neatly laid hair was a mess— dishevelled as he looked at me intently.

And his nose scrunched up before he took a deep breath.

"I can't wait any longer," He said, genuinely seeming regretful. "I'm sorry."

My breath hitched at the words, hands playing with the sleeves of my shirt to calm my nerves. I took another step towards him, unintentionally trembling as I did so.

"Sorry?" I almost scoffed, suddenly remembering who stood mere inches away from me— who I was talking to. Draco Malfoy wasn't sorry. Never had been and never would be.

"I truly am, Adreanna."

I shook my head vigorously at the strange words. "Why would you be—?"

"It's time."

It suddenly hurt to speak. It felt as if daggers ripped through my throat at every breath taken. I swallowed thickly, neglecting the feeling. A kind of finality in his statement I wasn't comfortable with.

Not up until then did I remember what I had promised my sister— didn't make the connection to how it might affect this: him and I.

Of course, it would. I was just too naive to see it— had made the conscious decision to blind myself in hopes I might never have to see.

It was all he said, a bittersweet smile on his lips as he did so.

And by the look of it, he knew what would follow— knew what I had to do, now that he told me.

In a way, I wish he hadn't.

I wished he'd stay quiet. I had pleaded within the coat of my own skin that he wouldn't say something like it. Not that it mattered, it wouldn't to someone like him — still, that was all my mind urged.

Though everything he'd done, every harsh word, every foul act — this was the one thing I wished had never left his mouth. 

A/N: EEEEK I'm so nervous.

There's gonna be a sneak peak of the last chapter posted on my Instgram (seselinamae) before it goes online! SO make sure to follow me so that you don't miss it. <3

Thoughts? How are we feeling? 

See you tomorrow. :) <3