Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika

Start from the beginning

I smiled harder, showing my teeth, "Nothing."

He was not buying it.

Shivay stared at me, at my lips, and then touched his own lips and looked at his hand, no, at the pink on them, "Annika?"

"Hmm Shivay," I sigh, giving up. I lower my hands, and he peeks unto the mirror.

"DID WE-," his eyes as wide as mine, hands shaking.

"NO." No Shivay, we did not sleep together.

"But we did-," he exhaled aloud, combing his hand through his head.

"YES," I exclaimed, staring at the smudged pink on his mouth, "Or at least it looks like that."

He ran his hand over his lips, "Sure feels like it."

I make a face at him but feel the same soreness he does. I see a glint of guilt on his face. But I hope he knows it wasn't his fault.

The guilt is gone the next second, as he straight up starts laughing like a bafoon.

"What?" I cross my arms.

"It's just like the lipstick-," he laughs like crazy, closing his eyes, "the first time- do you remember?"

Yes. I smile at the memory. It was just a few days ago. My smile vanishes as his laugh itches my ears.

"I swear Shivay-," I take a step forward to intimidate him.

"What? You'll kiss me?" The bastard has the gall to stare right into my eyes. I feel my feet startle as he steps closer. What's wrong with my heart. It runs. And then stops completely. But not like I'm dead. Like I'm living again. Slowly. Very slowly.

I shake the feeling out, "I-," but the bell rings. I push Shivay out of my room and close the door tight. The knock hits again.

"Ma'am?" A woman's voice calls out, "Mera here. Could you please open up?"

It's Mera.

If I wasn't having an amazing morning already.

I quickly check my room and keep things in place. Shivay practically punched Lafin yesterday. I don't need any more gossip surrounding me right now.

I put on a smile, and unchain the door, "Hello, Mera," I nod at her.

She nods back, smiling a mechanical grin, "I just needed to inform you that-," she stops, looking at my face. My lips- Amazing, Annika. Just plain amazing, Annika.

Mera looks stupefied as her glare cuts through me, "Uh."

"Yes, you were saying?" Pretend. Always pretend to be normal.

She catches on and reads her notes, "Tarun sir- will be arriving in half an hour. At the breakfast buffet- he wanted to talk to you and your assistant before the next event-"

"Talk to us?" If Tarun is personally coming here to talk to us, it can't be good, "We'll be there."

She smiles back, "I like the shade of your lipstick."

I hold the door away from me, with my hand to avoid breaking my head on it, "It's a lip balm actually."

"Oo, nice," she says, checking the time, "I need to prepare some things, so see you."

"Yes. Bye," I close the door and lean against the door.

***

Annika walked through the lobby, finding the breakfast buffet. She hadn't eaten once in the castle until now. She checked the doors in the path but none of the rooms were serving breakfasts.