My eyes peeled open after much difficulty and I peered at my hospital room. I attempted to sit up, but found that I was unable. On my wrists and ankles there were buckled straps securing me to the bed.

        Out of my blurry vision, I could see Satou jotting down something on his clipboard and I tried to blink away the fogginess, but to no avail.

        Satou noticed my awakening and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

        "You should be able to think and see more clearly in a few hours or so..."

        I turned my attention to the bright overhead lights above me. The brightness of them blinded me slightly and I clenched my eye lids shut.

        "Go back to sleep." Though I didn't want to sleep, it seemed as though an alien force propelled me into unconsciousness.

-------------------

        The next time I awoke, I found Tsunade-baa-chan and Shizune besides my bed. They were talking, and were completely unaware of my awakening.

        "That fool..." Tsunade took a swig of her sake. Shizune 'tsked' lowly and grabbed the bottle.

        "No drinking right now." She chastised Tsunade as if she was a child. The blond woman pouted, but otherwise let it go.

        "Naruto... Is such an idiot sometimes." She sat in the stool besides my bed and put her head into her hands. Shizune fiddled with the hem of her skirt silently.

        "What did I do?" The Hokage jumped in surprise and turned to face me. She had a saddened look in her brown eyes.

        "Naruto, some results came in." I attempted to sit up, but I was still strapped to the bed. "Oh, sorry..." She unbuckled the straps and I massaged my sore wrists after I sat up.

        "What did you find?" I wasn't even sure I wanted I know.

        "We roughly determined how much time you have left..." I stayed silent and gave her my full attention. "Your illness is progressing at a much faster pace than anything I've seen before. Most of the patients with a terminal illness last up to a year, or close to that." She adjusted her position to a more comfortable one.

        "..." I clenched my fist tightly making my knuckles turn white.

        "You have around five months left at the most. There's only a 1.7% chance of you surviving for six months."

        Shizune bent her head and stared at the floor and followed Tsunade out of my room without another word.

        My fist clenched tighter and I slammed it onto my mattress.

        "Dammit!" A few tears ran down my face. It's not fair... I was suppose to prove everyone wrong and become Hokage. To gain everyone's recognition and approval.

        Yet here I am. Sitting in a hospital. I'm as threatening as a butterfly. I hastily wiped the tears off my face and picked up the scarf from my bedside table. I wrapped the scarf around my neck.

        The red wool scratched against my neck and irritated my skin. The crimson of it contrasted greatly with my pale skin.

        I sunk into my pillow and sulked.

-------------

Dream:

        In the academy building's classroom, Sakura, Sasuke, and I were to wait for our Sensei. Every other freshly graduated genin's Sensei had already arrived.