She swallowed and did as she was told. She pictured herself invisible first then focused on imagining the two of them invisible as well. Like Zafrina said she willed her shield to go beyond herself to protect the two that had protected her. Soon to her marvel, they were invisible as well, which meant that when the Volturi came into the cave, they wouldn't be able to find them as it was like they had ceased to even exist.

Soon enough, the Volturi showed up, led by Demetri right into the underwater cave.

"They couldn't have chosen a hiding spot on land." Felix grumbled as they trudged through the water in the narrow cave.

"She's a difficult one." Demetri replied as they walked further in. "Here." He said. "Her tenor is here and now it has absolutely no use."

The narrow cave had opened into a wide opening, like a dark dome that humans would've been blind in.

"The other two are gone as well, though their scent along with her's lingers." Alec observed as he looked around the cave with a scowl.

"They must've taught her how to project." Demetri came up with the only explanation that made sense.

"How wonderful." Jane growled sarcastically. They had the criminal and her sympathizers right in front of them, there was no way she was letting them escape again. "Alec." She nodded towards her twin then to the open cave.

He got her message and started filling it with his paralyzing vapor whilst the four of them stayed in the narrow opening, away from the open space as his mist spilled out of his hands.

Aurora back up as the mist began creeping around her, not sure what it was.

"Do not be afraid." Zafrina whispered. They had discovered that if they wanted to, they could conceal their voices from being heard by anyone outside the shield Aurora created if they wished to.

"What is it?" Aurora whispered back.

"This is Alec's gift." Zafrina explained "When it reaches us you will be deprived of all your senses. However your mind should remain unharmed. Calm yourself, do not be taken too off guard. Maintain your concentration. Our lives depend on it young one."

She breathed in deeply as she braced herself to be surrounded by the petrifying mist. No amount of warning could have possibly prepared her for the pit she had just fallen into. Like she was in a sensory deprivation tank, her vision, sight, smell, and touch were all gone. She could no longer even feel the water molecules around her and could've been underwater for all she knew. There was no way she nor they were concealed anymore, any and all of her concentration was broken. She forced herself to be calm and heed Zafrina's warning. They wouldn't hesitate to kill the three of them and she knew it was only a matter of time before Alec drew his mist back and they were exposed. They could probably smell all of their fears now. Concentrating she willed her shield to fill the entire room. She had no way of knowing where Senna and Zafrina were at this moment so she just pushed it out as far as it would go.

That was her mistake.

Though one with little room for improvement, a mistake nonetheless.

Demetri, who had been about half a foot in front, to the side of Alec was now underneath Aurora's shield. So when Alec withdrew his mist Demetri was gone from any perception of the rest of the Volturi guards. Though the tracker was more than glad for the newborn's accidental slip up as he got a full view of her and the vampires that had been hiding with her.

It took him less than a fraction of a second to race towards her and wrap his arms around her, forbidding any movement or room for defending herself. It also took Senna and Zafrina less than a second to escape from the cave. With centuries of experience they knew the second Demetri did whatever he was going to do Aurora's shield would drop and Jane wouldn't hesitate to have them killed.
They felt bad for leaving the girl but they still valued their own life above hers.

"I caught you darling." Demetri smirked in her ear.

"Let me go." Aurora growled at him as she futility tried to get out of his iron grip.

"Never." Demetri snarled back "And relax we aren't going to kill you. I give you my word."

"Forgive me if I don't believe you." She continued to struggle against him whilst Felix, Jane, and Alec looked around at the empty cave in confusion. They had noticed the fourth member of their current group was missing and they could only assume it was Aurora's doing.

"I take offense to that sweetheart. I gave you my word and I am nothing if not devout." He whispered in her ear, his lips brushing the shell of it causing her to shiver.

It took her a moment to finally calm down in his arms and accept her fate for what it was.

"Fine." She sneered and released her gift from the both of them, allowing the other guards full view of a scowling Aurora and a smug Demetri who had his arms tightly wrapped around her small frame unmoving.

"Well you finally caught her." Felix grinned boyishly.

"Not without difficulty." Demetri smirked just as Aurora's eyes rolled in the back of her head and strangled sounds of pain came from her open mouth. Leaning back against the tracker she felt what she felt in the field all over again.

"Jane." Demetri said looking at the blonde with cold eyes, demanding her to stop.

"You don't evade the Volturi without punishment." Jane said harshly as she released the newborn who breathed out sharply as she grasped onto Demetri's arms to keep herself upright.

"Be a good girl and Jane won't do that again." He spoke quietly in her ear. "Right, Jane?"

"We'll see." The tiny blonde sneered as she turned around, eager to be on dry ground, her brother right behind her.

Grumbling she shook Demetri's arms off of her and followed the witch twins and Felix out of the cave and back onto land.

Senna and Zafrina were long gone and it seemed like these guards didn't really care, they had gotten what they came for and they wanted to go home.

As soon as they were back on dry ground Felix had both his hands wrapped tightly around both Aurora's wrists behind her back.

"Get your hands off me." Aurora growled as she began struggling against this giant vampire who could've been mistaken for a mountain.

"It's protocol." Felix began struggling with the newborn who was nearly akin to his strength currently, and as his arms weren't wrapped around her entire body like Demetri's were earlier he almost lost his grip on her. Luckily Jane, who was itching to use her gift on the newborn again, saw the perfect reason to and inflicted her torture upon Aurora once again.

"Behave." Jane said, her voice flat and devoid of feelings once she released the girl.

"She's a feisty one." Felix smirked at Demetri.

"Don't I know it." Demetri smirked back at Felix.