⭐️Shin Soukoku⭐️

Atsushi Nakajima x Ryunosuke Akutagawa

im genuinely surprised no one has requested this til now, buuuut here we go!

time to rate the second most popular bsd ship. 

honestly, i was,, very neutral about this ship at first. but now ive honestly come around😳its still not my favorite or anything, but their relationship and dynamic is super interesting and cool

my biggest issue with this ship is probably,, the fandom? i know that might sound like a lazy excuse at this point, since there'll always be SOME bad apples in every fandom, but i just feel like a lot of ppl water this ship down to soft boi uwu atsushi x his emotionally tormented emo bf. which is fair! everyone is allowed to have their own interpretation of ships and characters. it just personally doesnt do it for me

something about this ship that i think is important to take into account, though, is the fact that aku and atsu are equals. and VERY similar. their ideals conflict, and theyre fundementally different in their way of thinking, but they have similar experiences and have both been through a lot of abuse and pain. thats why they understand each other, and thats also the reason why they can hate each other honestly. (i dont think they genuinely hate each other as individuals, its more like,, they cant stand each other on principle. lmao. i still think they care about each other somewhat, though.)

they understand each other, and can therefore both support and break down one another. theyre super important to each others development too - atsushi shows aku that its possible for anyone to be a good person, and that if he wants to, he can stop killing and become at least a little bit better. if he wants to, that is. and akutagawa can honestly tell atsu when hes being too idealistic, and remind him that bad people will always exist, and that not everyone will take the chance to be good.

im going off on a tangent here LMAO but yeah!! their dynamic is so interesting, and i could probably write an essay on it lol,, its very cool.

i think their relationship would be interesting, regardless of whether its platonic or romantic. i think i like their relationship more symbolically? if that makes sense,,? but its valid as a ship, too.

with all of that being said, i give this ship aaaaaaa,,,

7.5/10⭐️

What are your thoughts on shin soukoku?