ten.

Silence, torn thoughts, and the astounding view of the dark sky and it's wondrous stars is all there is to explain the atmosphere Harry and I share at the moment. We have been like this for quite a few minutes now. Probably about 15 or so. But then again, who's counting?

When the wind blowing was all there is; Harry, suddenly, spoke up.

"I have something for you." He pulls out a folded piece of wrinkled paper from the front pocket of his jeans. As he re-does the shallow paper, he attempts to fix the wrinkling by adjusting it with the wooden bar next to him. "It's a poem." He says, passing me the sheet after.

In sparkly purple pen, the tittle read 'Moon Bear' with scratchy handwriting.

My eyes flashed across each word. Feeling some kind of weird, indescribable emotion as I read about a young foolish bear riding on a bike as he passed the moon; which was his main priority in finding. As I finished the short poem, I questioned, "What's the meaning behind it?"

In one simple word, Harry describes his unique poem. "Happiness."

When there isn't a response in return, he then proceeds to continue, "We pass up the opportunity to be happy nearly every day of our wrongly wasted years of existence. Happiness is dusting right around the corner where we always seem to pass. But we're all so blind. So blind to the point where we can't seem to see deeply into anything anymore. We are so selfish to even ask ourselves, "Why am I feeling so depressed?" When we don't even care and appreciate other people's happiness when it's the key to our own. We don't know it, but we're declining our one true chance of actually being free. Of truly being happy. We humans are foolish, Niall. And I am ashamed."

As he reached his end, I was rather touched by Harry's words of wisdom. I can't seem to function any words out of my mouth, though. Harry isn't a happy person. In fact, he's the complete opposite. He's ashamed of being a human because he knows that he's passed up the opportunity as well. Just like the rest of us. Only, he's aware of it.

Then, I spoke, "You know, when I first saw you sitting there on that bus seat all alone and stranded; I had sat next to you and made conversation. And even after the way your attitude was a big no, I still continuously kept visiting you at that old subway station in that same specific seat. In a way, I felt like Eleanor and Park. Excluding the whole family and school thing, though. The reason why I felt like these two characters, was because even after you thought I was some sort of selfish fool, you knew you were one, too. And so, you stayed. Everyday we got closer. Just like Eleanor and Park. But you see, as their story neared to an end, our story had just begun."

_________________________

Hope you like this update because I surely do.

-
'Moon bear' is actually a poem I wrote for school for my English class and when I didn't have anything to write for this chapter, I just thought, "hey, why not make it all poetic and deep by using moon bear?" And then when I couldn't think of a way to finish this chapter, I thought about Eleanor and Park. And that's how this chapter was made.

-

Please vote and comment!

-Karlaa' x