I opened our cabin, "hey Gwen.

"Sup david? So why did you wanna wait till now to talk about y/n?" She asked, we could've done it earlier.

"No. I wanted to make sure nothing came up."

Gwen looked at me and snickered.

"What?" I asked.

She burst out laughing.

"What??"

She grabbed her phone took a picture of me and showed me. Some how the kids had managed to draw on my face In marker.

"Hold on I'll grab a wash cloth. When Gwen came back and started scrubbing my face,
"Well, about y/n... I really really like her.."

"It's okay to say love. You said it earlier." She assured.

"Well, I want to tell her."

Gwen looked at me and a huge grin appeared across her face

"Really david!" She asked.

"Yea! I just don't know how!" Gwen grabbed my cheeks and squished them around like a grandma would,
"aww David's growing up!" She teased. I grabbed her arms to try to make her stop.

I laughed, "all right alright I get it. But how do I tell her?" I asked.

"Well," she thought.

"It has to be special not just a casual, hey man, uh ya know. I'm in love with you. It's gotta have passion and be personal."

"Personal?" I asked.

"What's something special between you two?" She asked.

I thought for a moment, "we both knew each other when we were kids.? Like here at camp cambell?" I asked.

"Hmm? Anything else?" She asked, "like a song or..?"

"Oh! Yea actually! There a song we sang to in the car on our second date."

"Yea! Play that in the back ground! Take her to a place and make it supper romantic! I mean you're telling this girl you love her! It's gotta be big!" She reminded.

"So I ask her to go somewhere and tell her there?" I ask.

"Yep!" She nodded.

"Oh. I thought this was gonna be more complicated."

She laughed, "yea, we'll hold still I need to get the mustache off and then I'm done. Then you can go back to cuddling your princess."  She teased.

Once she one done I thanked her and headed back to the mess hall but.. y/n wasn't there.

I thought of where she would go.
The lake! She always goes there!

I shut the doors and ran down to the lake praying to what ever god there is to please let her be okay. And yet alone there she was. But. Okay wasn't the word to describe her. She coldly turned me away and walked off.