Ch. 9: Changes (Part 3)

"Well, hello," Alexia said as she saw Miyuki leaning against the wall next to her door. She stepped out and shut it as he pushed himself off the wall. He was sporting his green beanie and his favorite red and white raglan style shirt with black track pants. Alexia snickered as she realized they were matching. She was also wearing a red and white raglan style shirt with black running shorts.

"Copying my style now, are we?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Alexia rolled her eyes but didn't respond as she twisted her hair and wrapped it into a bun. Securing it, she let her arms fall to her hips.

"So what exactly is this plan of yours?"

Miyuki smirked as he turned to walk to the cafeteria. "I can't tell you because that'll ruin the surprise. Just play along, okay?" He glanced at her over his shoulder and she sighed.

"Fine, but is there a reason you told me to make sure my tattoo was visible?" she asked. As they were going to their rooms, Miyuki had specifically asked Alexia to keep her tattoo visible.

"They haven't seen it yet, so I'm hoping to use a surprise tactic on that one," came the reply. At the bottom of the stairs they saw Kuramochi turning the corner.

"Oi, Miyuki, what's this plan of yours?" he asked, crossing his arms. He was wearing a black tee shirt and grey sweatpants. Kuramochi's gaze flicked over the two of them. "And why the hell are you two matching?"

"That was an accident," Miyuki said, waving him off. "And just wait and see. Jeez, it's like you guys hate surprises."

"Yes," they chorused.

The three of them made their way to the cafeteria and Alexia had to suppress a groan when she saw the trio waiting outside of the doors.

"Miyuki-kun!" Machi said gleefully, earning a couple disgusted looks from players entering the cafeteria.

"Hey," he greeted. "Let's hurry inside for food, shall we?" His lips pulled back into what looked like a grin but Alexia was almost certain was a hidden smirk.

"Of course!" Hanomi said, nodding and smiling. Miyuki held the door open for them all to enter. "What a gentleman," she said as she followed Machi and Akiko inside. Kuramochi went next and Miyuki sidled in with Alexia.

Machi turned back to face them. "Wow, there's a lot of people in here," she stated, still smiling.

Miyuki nodded. "Yeah, the entire team. Let's get food." He pointed his arm out in front of him to the line. "Everyone is required to eat three bowels of rice. I hope you can manage."

"But we're not players," Akiko pointed out.

Miyuki shrugged. "Doesn't matter. Miya-chan here ate three bowels easily on her first day here." He slung his arm around Alexia's shoulder again, earning a brief glare from Hanomi and Machi. Much to Alexia's surprise, Akiko looked impressed rather than upset.

"Come on, I'm starving," Kuramochi piped up moving towards the line. "And we really shouldn't be standing in the door." Alexia nodded and followed him. Due to them all shuffling around and new arrivals, the trio ended up in the center of about seven sweaty baseball players.

Kuramochi snorted in amusement and Alexia suppressed a grin when she saw the looks on the girls' faces. Alexia was used to it and so had forgotten one part: everyone showered after dinner which meant the three of them would be surrounded by stinking players. Miyuki looked pleased with himself and Alexia mentally shook her head. He had planned this too, keeping them near the entrance on purpose so that more boys would be piled in around them.